SwSh - Raid Den/Nest Data (& Nest Reports)

AliceTheAlice

Hello all,

Edit Delete: A million questions about all the functionality of the Raid Plug-In since the plug in does all of that! (IE: Shiny Countdown, IV prediction, yatta-yatta-yatta.)

Revision:

• Will the Den/Nest data become view-able without the Plug-In for PKHeX at some point?
  • Will the downloadable Nest Report data become view-able at some point (allowing us to step forward towards reloading older Nest Reports: (ie: Delibird.)?

Thanks

Edited by AliceTheAlice

38 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

has to be researched and documented before it can be implemented.

you can begin the research if you like.

I wish I was that tech savvy as to be able to sift through the save file. I really do. (I just know beyond a doubt that the points above that I stated are in the save file somewhere are.)

If it helps the people who do said research - I am more than willing to provide sample save files of EVERY den active with both a Red and Purple Beam via a Wishing Piece. (The only differences in the save file would be three elements: # of Wishing Piece item, Watts in-game currency, and game-time clocked. With exception to the Watts, the other two elements have to already be mapped as they are in PKHeX currently. I could even reduce the game to a single active non-Wishing Piece den active.)

Edited by AliceTheAlice

Yeah, it is obvious that some associated data is in the save, since you can restore a save and those things would be there. Once again however, research would have to be done, to implement the editing of those.

However, there is one thing that would stop research by common folk: the save is encrypted.

At least in Gen 7, the save wasn't encrypted, so I could use trial and error to find the location of the byte that determines shininess in Ultra Wormholes (read the "old words" here), as the value wasn't in event constants.
All I had to do was stitch saves together till I find the value, then use PKHeX to fix checksums.

However for this Generation, the save is encrypted. Granted, you could use PKHeX core to decrypt the save, however I presently do not have the time to do so.
Additionally, if others can't figure out how to decrypt the save, they can't look at the values or write values into the save. (editing a file while it's encrypted is a big nono)

Ultimately, if you want it implemented, you could learn and do the research. If no one does the research, and you just wait for someone to do it (and as far as I can tell, no one is doing the research), it would never get implemented. :/

7 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Ultimately, if you want it implemented, you could learn and do the research. If no one does the research, and you just wait for someone to do (and as far as it seems no one is doing the research), it would never get implemented. :/

You are speaking to equivalent of learning another language. I am unable to offer that aide. (It's clearly low on the priority for PKHeX which was pretty much what I was asking.)

Edited by AliceTheAlice

1 minute ago, AliceTheAlice said:

You are speaking to equivalent of learning another language. I am unable to offer that aide. (It's clearly low on the priority for PKHeX which was pretty much what I was asking.)

I wouldn't know what the priority level for PKHeX it is, since I'm not a PKHeX dev.

If anything, it's less like learning a language and more like detective work.
Basically have 2 saves, one before defeating a den, one after defeating a den,
and assuming there's block 1 to 14, just slowly replace the after save with blocks from a before save.

Once the raid "appears" in your game with the modified after save loaded, you know which block contains the data (cause you were replacing block by block).

Now, revert that block to the before save, divide the found block into many parts, and slowly find the part that contains the den code. Finally, try to figure out which segment of that part is what.
Compare to stats caught and PID caught, the PID and stats are probably there.
Next, either species ID or % for the raid is stored, figure that out.

Frankly, I'm part of the "common folk" I mentioned earlier. I can't visually read and understand a save, nor can I decompile and read game code. All we can do is to do things by trial and error.

2 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

https://github.com/Leanny/PKHeX_Raid_Plugin

When you throw in a new Wishing Piece, the seed is newly generated using a Cryptographical Secure RNG, which means the output cannot be predicted.

I understand enough to know this means the Pokémon in dens are entirely dynamic.

@Kaphotics, I know from Checkpoint that the Wishing Piece Den's location and rarity (are stored in the save) from Checkpoint. I have a Purple Beam at a Den with a date written down that appears to bring me back to the exact same spawned Pokémon. Will PKHeX ever be able to set the location of an active Wishing Piece den and toggle between Red (Common) and Purple (Rare) beams? (Since the current den-related exploits are bound to be patched out at some point.)

Edited by AliceTheAlice

3 hours ago, AliceTheAlice said:

I understand enough to know this means the Pokémon in dens are entirely dynamic.

@Kaphotics, I know from Checkpoint that the Wishing Piece Den's location and rarity (are stored in the save) from Checkpoint. I have a Purple Beam at a Den with a date written down that appears to bring me back to the exact same spawned Pokémon. Will PKHeX ever be able to set the location of an active Wishing Piece den and toggle between Red (Common) and Purple (Rare) beams? (Since the current den-related exploits are bound to be patched out at some point.)

Depends how thoroughly the community documents things. I'm spread pretty thin as it is in order to refine existing tools; can't really spend much time on this for a long while.

I haven't booted my copy of the game yet; I have other interests too :P

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, AliceTheAlice said:

This was pointed out to me. I feel like a fool.

Just trying to find out why the picture of the map isn't loading! (Also why on gawds green Earth were the Raid Den #'s not the Serebii one's that the net has excepted as fact at this point.)

the Den numbers match the ordering found in the game, which is unrelated to the den ID on Serebii.
given that some information is called "nesthole" (from what I've seen), the "dens" on serebii are likely called nests or nesthole.

Meaning a Den (the physical structure) has access to 3 Nests: Common, Promoted/Event, Rare

So to hunt for shinies:
1. Throw a wishing piece in game,
2. see what's the frame required.
3. either reset till you get the frame (1 day change is 1 frame) or throw another wishing piece at another Den.

Totally confused, i'm trying to spawn something in den 97 (lake of outrage).

What does the following mean?

RandRoll
DenType
Flags
IsActive
IsRare
IsEvent

my other question is, can I manipulate them by modifying them or changing the drop down from false to true?

If not, would the 'Activate All' button actually have any impact when we see those values change?

Thank you

Randroll - No idea
DenType - Mostly 0, but I've got a 4 here.
Flags - Maybe wishing piece related? Most entries I have are 0, but the one that had (4) for DenType was 1 here
IsActive - If it's active (has light coming out), then it'll be True
IsRare - Whether the rare den is active (purple light).
IsEvent - Whether promoted event raids are active (Instead of standard mons, you'll get G-Butterfree, G-Snorlax etc)

edit: Clicking on the various cells explains it to you
image.png

5 hours ago, Jakestorme said:

Thanks Slayer, I appreciate it.

How can I manipulate this so I can spawn a shiny pokemon? 

Use the plugin or raid finder to find a shiny seed,
then you probably edit that seed in.

No clue if the hash needs to be fixed.

edit: From what I can tell, you edit the DenType and Flags to set the options below.
If Dentype is 1, Dentype is active, if Dentype is 2, it's active and it's rare. If DenType is 3, it's event raid and active.
For event raid, recommend setting flags to 3 to.

As for Randroll, it control what species appear. Species that are typically 5% encounter chance, are the last 5% from 0 - 99. Meaning they'll be 94 - 99.

17 hours ago, Jakestorme said:

Totally confused, i'm trying to spawn something in den 97 (lake of outrage).

What does the following mean?

RandRoll
DenType
Flags
IsActive
IsRare
IsEvent

my other question is, can I manipulate them by modifying them or changing the drop down from false to true?

If not, would the 'Activate All' button actually have any impact when we see those values change?

Thank you

If you cannot figure it out in two minutes, you made should not be fiddling with it. Cause it's ridiculously simple.

4 hours ago, AliceTheAlice said:

If you cannot figure it out in two minutes, you made should not be fiddling with it. Cause it's ridiculously simple.

Ouch, I guess I deserved that harshness. I just messed with it a bit, when I thought I understood it. I kept on getting a crash so I stopped messing with it.

Can I mess with the Raid Parameter editor and hit save? Will that save anything or manipulate anything?

Again pardon my ignorance.  

Edited by Jakestorme