Modifier Starter Pokémon

Pocket Monsters

3 hours ago, Pocket Monsters said:

I need help for change Rival Starter in Pokémon Gen4 & Gen 5 saves, exist some method? What's this method? Please, can you help me?

For Black and White I know if you open your save in a hex editor and change the byte at 00020160 which is the flag for which starter you chose to one of these bytes 00 = Snivy/Defult, 01 = Tepig, or 02 = Oshawatt will change your starters of you rivals to match accordingly.  Just make sure you open the save file in PKHeX and save it again using PKHeX after any manual edits you make in a hex editor since PKHeX will update the check sum.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2019 at 5:43 PM, Poke J said:

For Black and White I know if you open your save in a hex editor and change the byte at 00020160 which is the flag for which starter you chose to one of these bytes 00 = Snivy/Defult, 01 = Tepig, or 02 = Oshawatt will change your starters of you rivals to match accordingly.  Just make sure you open the save file in PKHeX and save it again using PKHeX after any manual edits you make in a hex editor since PKHeX will update the check sum.

Ok!!! I tested and it's works. Thank You!! But this method work only in BW saves. 

A method for BW2, HGSS & DPPt, you know?

//--was a different thread, posts merged--//

How I can modify my starter pokémon in my Pokémon Gen4 & Gen5 saves?

Exemple: I choosed a Piplup in Platinum. But I want modify for Chimchar or Turtwig. How do I do?

Edited by Pocket Monsters

2 minutes ago, Pocket Monsters said:

How I can modify my starter pokémon in my Pokémon Gen4 & Gen5 saves?

Exemple: I choosed a Piplup in Platinum. But I want modify for Chimchar or Turtwig. How do I do?

People could answer you in your existing thread, why are you creating new ones asking the same thing?

Anyway, keep a safe backup for your save. Then, start a new game, keep a before and after save, then compare event constants in PKHeX.
After that, apply the event constant to your original existing save.

On 12/8/2019 at 10:43 PM, theSLAYER said:

People could answer you in your existing thread, why are you creating new ones asking the same thing?

Anyway, keep a safe backup for your save. Then, start a new game, keep a before and after save, then compare event constants in PKHeX.
After that, apply the event constant to your original existing save.

But it is this the problem. The pkhex haven't the pokémon starter option in the event constant. How do I make that? 

7 minutes ago, Pocket Monsters said:

But it is this the problem. The pkhex haven't the pokémon starter option in the event constant. How do I make that? 

Check the Research tab, load the before and after saves in FlagDiff Researcher.

Let it copy results to clipboard, paste into notepad, so you know which constants changed (afaik the IsSet and UnSet fields only show changed flags, and you have to copy the output to txt to get info about changed constants.)

Edited by Guest

I merged threads, cause there's no reason to have duplicate threads asking for the same thing.

So, existing research for Gen 5 BW. (couldn't find another thread with more info, so at that stage I posted my own)

And since not every flag research topic exists, here's a tutorial on how to find event flags and constants.

Until someone comes along and just spoonfeeds you that info,
we've pretty much given you the information on how to figure it out yourself.

9 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Research for Gen 5 BW.

And since not every flag research topic exists, here's a tutorial on how to find event flags and constants.

Until someone comes along and just spoonfeeds you that info,
we've pretty much given you the information on how to figure it out yourself.

Ok. And How I modify this informations? By hexadecimal editor?

18 minutes ago, Pocket Monsters said:

Ok. And How I modify this informations? By hexadecimal editor

No, PKHeX.

The value on the left of the colon (:) is the Constant (1), and the value on the right of the arrow is the value you need to change to (2).

So change the value in the box as per the Constant (1),
and change the value as per seen (2)

does this image help?
image.png

• Like 1