Jump to content

Possible bug with EK8 export?


Recommended Posts

Note: I could be completely wrong about this, so keep that in mind.

So I recently decided to try messing with PKHeX and EdiZon.  What happened was that I made a Python script to generate an Atmosphere cheat code that injects a given EK8 file into Box 1 Slot 1 of the PC.  It kind of worked, except I noticed that the Pokemon's Sp Def stat was glitched (with a question mark and 2 digits).  I saved the game, dumped the save, and opened it with PKHeX.  Upon viewing the glitched Pokemon in PKHeX, it didn't show anything different.  But if I export the glitched Pokemon as an EK8 again, only the last 2 bytes are different from the original EK8 used to make the cheat code.

This leads me to believe that there could be a bug with how PKHeX handles saving EK8 files.  Also, I noticed that the last 0x10 bytes of the PK8 file have the actual (calculated) stats shown in-game.  I believe this may have something to do with the issue.

Edit: If anyone wants the RAM offset for Box 1 Slot 1 in Sword, it's HEAP + 0x004293D8B0 (at least for me)

swsh glitch ditto.jpg

Edited by YoshiOG1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...