Possible issue with event constants?

NekoSabrina

I seem to have run into a rather curious situation while trying to edit some things in my Diamond save. I'm trying to make Spiritomb appear, and when I edit my Underground stats to try to accommodate that, it still doesn't appear (I had Players Met set at 0 when I used the Odd Keystone, set it to 32 afterwards, and still nothing). Underground Man and Mr.Goods don't provide any of their rewards when I edit the Underground stats either.

Now I think I tracked down an event constant or two that might be key to this. However when I try to make those edits, they reset back to their original values when I try to save them. Now I've seen someone else do it just fine in a similar situation (albeit on an older version of PKHeX), so I'm wondering did something break in terms of editing these values for Gen 4 in recent versions?

49 minutes ago, NekoSabrina said:

I seem to have run into a rather curious situation while trying to edit some things in my Diamond save. I'm trying to make Spiritomb appear, and when I edit my Underground stats to try to accommodate that, it still doesn't appear (I had Players Met set at 0 when I used the Odd Keystone, set it to 32 afterwards, and still nothing). Underground Man and Mr.Goods don't provide any of their rewards when I edit the Underground stats either.

Now I think I tracked down an event constant or two that might be key to this. However when I try to make those edits, they reset back to their original values when I try to save them. Now I've seen someone else do it just fine in a similar situation (albeit on an older version of PKHeX), so I'm wondering did something break in terms of editing these values for Gen 4 in recent versions?

Change the event constant to 31, then meet a person in underground, then check if spiritomb spawns.

The constant itself is likely just a record, and won't spawn spiritomb simply because it's 32.
If anything, it's the act of becoming 32 (in-game) that results in a different flag being set. Give that a try.

(Basically, the game doesn't load up the save and check if the record is 32. If anything, going from 31->32 is what triggers a flag, as well as change constants.
However, simply setting "32" as the value doesn't set that flag, and the game doesn't check if it's 32 again)

Well the problem with that is that PKHeX isn't even letting me change the constant. While I can edit the value, when I try to save the changes, the constant resets to what it originally was (in my case, 0). The changes just won't stick no matter what I've tried to do so I don't know if the latest version of PKHeX is treating the event constants as read-only or if something else is broken that's not allowing me to make a change and have it actually save.

Also my ability to use the Underground itself for this project is not great. I don't have a Pearl or Plat save with Underground access handy and trying to make this Diamond save interact with itself in any sort of link conditions has been extremely hit-or-miss

• Like 1