Sword and Shield save problems

Irina

7 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Sorry, I gotta ask.

Did you "set" the mon into the save?
image.png

Did you save the save file?
image.png

Yes sir, I did all that. And when I'm done I click on quit. Then when I reopen, the mons that I have saved before are not there.

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

what version of PKHeX are you using, and on Mac or Windows?

My edits loads just fine.

Reveal hidden contents

Before
image.png

After, I reloaded my save.
image.png

I'm on the latest versionimage.png

I too am on the latest version. Sometimes when I edit in one Pokemon, save then quit, they are there. However when I do bulk at a time (I did around 30; all different and legally available in Sword/Shield; no error marks shows up on any of the Pokemon), they don't seem to appear when I reopen.

4 minutes ago, Irina said:

However when I do bulk at a time (I did around 30; all different and legally available in Sword/Shield; no error marks shows up on any of the Pokemon)

I've imported by bulk before, and it works fine too.

Spoiler

This is a reloaded save using bulk importimage.png

I used this, and hit 'Yes'
image.pngimage.png

Maybe it's the method of bulk importing.
How do you bulk import?

2 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I've imported by bulk before, and it works fine too.

Reveal hidden contents

This is a reloaded save using bulk importimage.png

I used this, and hit 'Yes'
image.pngimage.png

Maybe it's the method of bulk importing.
How do you bulk import?

I manually create the mons from scratch and save them. It doesn't seems to allow me to edit them in a bulk. Right now, due to this problem I am having to create one at a time, close, reopen, repeat.

2 minutes ago, Irina said:

I manually create the mons from scratch and save them. It doesn't seems to allow me to edit them in a bulk. Right now, due to this problem I am having to create one at a time, close, reopen, repeat.

Your "bulk" is editing them in one by one?

Spoiler

I've added these in 1 by 1 (the bottom row), by viewing same mons on the top row, adding 1 level, them setting them below.
This is a reloaded save.

image.png

Are you creating mons totally from scratch? or are you viewing an existing mons then making edits?

I couldn't replicate the steps nor the error you're encountering.

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Your "bulk" is editing them in one by one?

Reveal hidden contents

I've added these in 1 by 1 (the bottom row), by viewing same mons on the top row, adding 1 level, them setting them below.
This is a reloaded save.

image.png

Are you creating mons totally from scratch? or are you viewing an existing mons then making edits?

I couldn't replicate the steps nor the error you're encountering.

Yes, I was mass creating them totally from scratch (not from pre-existing mons). However, as it does not seem to save them (even though I hit save after quitting), I am to create one at a time, close, reopen, and repeat.

Yes, I was mass creating them totally from scratch (not from pre-existing mons). However, as it does not seem to save them (even though I hit save after quitting), I am to create one at a time, close, reopen, and repeat.

I just tried adding entries by creating them from scratch, and they were stored in the save too.

You probably should delete your PKHeX then redownload. Can't think of any other solution cause only you're experiencing it and I can't replicate it.

12 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I just tried adding entries by creating them from scratch, and they were stored in the save too.

You probably should delete your PKHeX then redownload. Can't think of any other solution cause only you're experiencing it and I can't replicate it.

I will try and get back to you after testing. For now, thank you for taking your time dealing with me.

• Like 1

@walppeople Use the latest version, provide exact steps that cause the mons to not show up in PKHeX.

Granted, I've read that people have issue making mons appear in the game, I've never had any of those issues and couldn't replicate the issue. (unable to have correct presentation in game isn't same as not appearing in PKHeX)
So it'll be great if you could give step by step instructions (and maybe screenshots) of your issues, so that we can try to recreate the issue.
If we can't recreate it, we cannot fix it.

It's weird because if I just randomly create mons rapidly (regardless of legal or not) then save, the problem doesn't occur. However, it only seems to happen when I go on for not saving (on PKHeX) for a while (while creating mons), then save, reopen, the problem seems to occur.

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

how odd.
Have exact step-by-steps + images in a spoiler, and hopefully we can recreate it following the steps

Maybe it has to do with not saving for a while? Read full explanation of what I mean above your most recent comment.

Maybe it has to do with not saving for a while? Read full explanation of what I mean above your most recent comment.

I saw what you said, but once again: without a step by step guide, it's hard to replicate the issue.

We gotta be doing exactly what you're doing.

In the mean time, I can try the "not saving for a while" thing, but I honestly don't think that'll be any different.

Just now, walppeople said:

I am, I always use the latest version available.

There's sometimes hotfixes to issues, where the hotfix is uploaded onto the site, and PKHeX won't prompt you to update.

So you may think you're on the latest, but if you don't check the site, you really might not be. Thus I'm just saying :)

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

I saw what you said, but once again: without a step by step guide, it's hard to replicate the issue.

We gotta be doing exactly what you're doing.

In the mean time, I can try the "not saving for a while" thing, but I honestly don't think that'll be any different.

Alright, thank you. I will try to post in more detail "guide" later today or tomorrow

• Like 1

While PKHeX has had legality issues since the new update, and I read that some people add a mon but it instead shows as lv 0.
Despite that, I've never had any issues of that sort. I was able to wipe my PC and fully inject various mons (for screenshots), so I have not encountered your issues, and have not been able to recreate them.

With that said, I am not denouncing any of the experiences either one of you had. Perhaps you guys adds mons differently from me.
 By chance, your method happens to encounter the issue, so when you continue your method, you continue to encounter the issue.
As we're different people, I deviate from your method and unable to think up your method, thus never encounter it.

Thus, the only solution really was you guys to provide a step-by-step, so that I can try to do it your way, in an attempt to recreate the issue.

@walppeople @Irina

Just wondering, did you manage to transfer the save successfully into the game (after one of the save attempt worked)? I‘m also experiencing kind of the same error, where the export does not include my recent changes, and yes I double-checked every step... but in-game  it just loads the previous one...

Could changing the Trainer-ID has something to do with it?

1 minute ago, walppeople said:

I don't always reroll, I must definitely check that.

try to reroll them all and check.

You don't have to import the save again in the game, you can just reroll the pokemons into the save. saving the main and opening again in pkhex will already show if they are there or not.

It might be worth uploading save files, in case there's an issue that only happens under certain conditions. Then it's possible it would only happen on saves that meet those conditions, and others would be unable to reproduce.

6 hours ago, vicspanka said:

I had this problem too.

For me it resolved by rerolling the PID and the OT misc tab in encryption as well.

This has to reroll each pokemon. Doing this to me the pokemons kept on save.

May I ask what the purpose of encryption constant is?

Btw I can reproduce the save problem - and solve it with re-enrolling the encryption constant...

Edited by iChaos92