Game freezes after save injection

arti

I edited my Shield save file with pkhex and injected it back with Checkpoint on my emuNAND. After this the game always froze when starting. As I did not have a backup of the save file, I deleted the game data in the Switch settings. However when I start a new game, it keeps freezing when I reach the point where I can move. Any ideas how to fix? 

Edit: found the backup in the bak file, injected it and still not working. Used different saves, it's still freezing everytime. I think something messed up my NAND, will rebuild the emuNAND tomorrow.

How is this possible? How can a save file injection corrupt my emuNAND?

Edited by arti

So after my emuNAND got corrupted after injecting a modded shield save, I made a new emuNAND and wanted to edit the save again. I opened pkhex and realized that the main file and the backup file are not the same files. The backup file seems to be a save from further in the past than the main file. Now I am confused and not sure what to do and what not to do.

Edit: It happened again, I injected the save with the main file and the same file named as backup, injected it and now the game starts to freeze, no matter what save file I inject. wtf is this I don't want to rebuild my emuNAND everytime I try pkhex

Edited by arti

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

It shouldn't. Perhaps you have a bad SD or a fake SD card (they programmed it to say it is a bigger size, but it is actually smaller than you think)

it's not fake, got a 128 gb SanDisk micro sd from a local electronics store called Saturn (Germany) so it should be a legal one.

1 minute ago, arti said:

it's not fake, got a 128 gb SanDisk micro sd from a local electronics store called Saturn (Germany) so it should be a legal one.

What I'll say is, use one of those free programs to check your SD card. You'll never really know if your SD is fake or bad until you check it. I'm not saying they intentionally sold you one, but sometimes stock get swapped and they wouldn't know either.

Even so, the injecting of saves into the NAND resulting in NAND errors wouldn't be PKHeX's issue, but whatever save manager you're using.
Any modified save wouldn't be causing NAND issues; at most the game wouldn't launch (saying save is corrupted) but the NAND would be fine.

• Like 1