Help converting dumped Gold cartridge save to VC

bombchu

Hello!

I've dumped my save from my Gold cartridge and I want transfer it to Gold VC on my cfw 3ds. I've renamed it to sav.dat but it when I use checkpoint to restore the save the game says it's corrupt and initializes it. I've tried using the save converter to remove the extra bytes (or add them, whichever it does) but the file size does not change and the file still doesn't work. 

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

As far as I know, all that needs to be done to import a save file from cartridge is to add 16 bytes at the end of the file in a hex editor.

Note: this might depend on which thing you're using to make your save file backup. The save file is suposed to be 32 KB + 16 bytes footer for rtc.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Ammako said:

As far as I know, all that needs to be done to import a save file from cartridge is to add 16 bytes at the end of the file in a hex editor.

Note: this might depend on which thing you're using to make your save file backup. The save file is suposed to be 32 KB + 16 bytes footer for rtc.

Yea, I thought that's what this was supposed to do: 

But using it does not change the size of the file so something isn't working. I don't really know what I'm doing with a hex editor, could I upload my save and have one of you fine folks do it for me?

Thanks!