Restore Saves Not Working

Prodigy420

I'm having a hard time with restoring save files for Sword and Shield, I backup the files from the switch with checkpoint and get a main nd backup file. All the youtube videos I see only edit and move the main file. Which I do, then I boot the switch up and go into checkpoint to restore the new edited file. But when I start the game up, the file hasn't changed at all it still have the same pokemon I had before I edited. Any ideas what the issue might be?

1. you didn't actually save the edited save on PKHeX (to test this, once you're done editing, load the save into a new PKHeX window, and see if your edits are there

2. you didn't actually restore the save. Go into Checkpoint and hit the respective button (R for me when hovering over folder) to restore save.

2 hours ago, Prodigy420 said:

I am saving as main and saving directly to the SD card in the correct folder. And I am hitting R to load the save the switch states the save was loaded. I exit home brew and go into the game but the old save is still there and loading. 

did you check the file in PKHeX and see if the edits are made?
try uploading said save to us, and tell us what you did. (I'll try to load it on my Switch)

Because, such a thing you describe, is normally user error.
checkpoint works, PKHeX works, what else could it be? :/

If the problem is checkpoint (and you're sure you did everything correctly), then all that is left is for you to write a report on their github.
We are not its devs, and we can't advise on why it won't work.

I don't know what to say.. Checkpoint works for me.

15 hours ago, Prodigy420 said:

I am saving as main and saving directly to the SD card in the correct folder. And I am hitting R to load the save the switch states the save was loaded. I exit home brew and go into the game but the old save is still there and loading. 

I fixed mine! If you are using atmosphere and are set up with emunand, reboot hekate and disable emunand so that you’re only running checkpoint via sysnand. Emunand was preventing me from restoring altered saves. Just make sure that when using cfw, you keep your switch on airplane mode to prevent bans.

8 hours ago, GhostieCafe said:

I fixed mine! If you are using atmosphere and are set up with emunand, reboot hekate and disable emunand so that you’re only running checkpoint via sysnand. Emunand was preventing me from restoring altered saves. Just make sure that when using cfw, you keep your switch on airplane mode to prevent bans.

How do I do that?

4 hours ago, Prodigy420 said:

How do I do that?

Put your switch into recovery move and inject the hekate payload instead of atmosphere. Then go into EmuMMC and there’ll be an option to disable it. Do that, boot the console. Go back into recovery, inject the normal atmosphere payload, and go to settings in your home menu. Under system info, you should see an S at the end of your system name instead of an E (as with atmosphere). Once you’ve done that, try the genning process again with checkpoint and PKHeX.

• Time Gear 1

Hi there

Experienced the same problem. Managed to restore the save, but now the game keeps crashing after a few minutes. Wondering if this is actually a bug from the game or if my save is corrupted...

Could someone pls have a look at my save? I changed the TID and some natures, nothing more.

Thank you!

main

21 hours ago, GhostieCafe said:

Put your switch into recovery move and inject the hekate payload instead of atmosphere. Then go into EmuMMC and there’ll be an option to disable it. Do that, boot the console. Go back into recovery, inject the normal atmosphere payload, and go to settings in your home menu. Under system info, you should see an S at the end of your system name instead of an E (as with atmosphere). Once you’ve done that, try the genning process again with checkpoint and PKHeX.

OK Im very very new to this. I was able to disable emuMMC, but I have no idea how to inject the normal atmosphere payload nor do I know how to enable emuMMC again. mind step by stepping that for me?

1 hour ago, Prodigy420 said:

OK Im very very new to this. I was able to disable emuMMC, but I have no idea how to inject the normal atmosphere payload nor do I know how to enable emuMMC again. mind step by stepping that for me?

You just wanna switch the payload you’re injecting back from hekate to the one you were using before. Fusee-atmosphere.bin or whatever it’s called. What you’d usually use to boot up atmosphere. As far as re-enabling emuMMC, you won’t want to if you plan to be genning regularly, as you’ll have to disable it every time you gen in order to get it to work.

On 11/24/2019 at 10:33 PM, iChaos92 said:

Hi there

Experienced the same problem. Managed to restore the save, but now the game keeps crashing after a few minutes. Wondering if this is actually a bug from the game or if my save is corrupted...

Could someone pls have a look at my save? I changed the TID and some natures, nothing more.

Thank you!

main 1.44 MB · 2 downloads

Could you fix this? Got the same problem, my game freezes after restoring the save

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 4:50 PM, iChaos92 said:

@GhostieCafe

On my side, EmuMCC is disabled. Still have no luck in restoring save files... Is it working for you?

Any ideas for troubleshooting?

Thank you!

I disabled EmuMCC then re-enabled it....that's all I did on my switch and now the save files work perfectly each time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2019 at 4:50 PM, iChaos92 said:

@GhostieCafe

On my side, EmuMCC is disabled. Still have no luck in restoring save files... Is it working for you?

Any ideas for troubleshooting?

Thank you!

Hey idk if you still have this problem and I JUST hacked my switch. Got my 1st unpatched and molded it yesterday for pokemon. I've had the same problem. I tried to disable the emmunand and nothing. It worked 1 time but it was not the save I wanted and I was so frustrated trying to figure it out. And what I did was you have to save the file back to the sd card. Plug in the card edit your save and export it back in one go. I got use to doing it like I did on the 3ds where I kept a file on my desktop edited it then plugged in my card and updated it.

So how I got it to work was plug in card and launch pkhex and have it so it auto pulls your save. Edit it then export it in one go. If you prefer to have a file on your desktop like I do then edit it first and then plug in your sd card boot a 2nd pkhex and drag and drop your new edits. Export your latest pkhex project back to the card and bam. 

I'm new to modding the switch so idk wtf I'm doing just thought I'd try and help.

• 1 month later...

Hiya, I've managed to save my main from my game onto my sd card, I've edited the save in PKHex, moved it back onto my switch using checkpoint. I load the game up in CFW mode, and the main has loaded, with the mons I edited and added. However when I switch the console off and load back in normal firmware the main is back to the original one before I edited the pokemon. I feel like I've edited a main from my sd card and uploaded back to the sd card, not my physical copy of pokemon sword. May be wrong, but either way if anyone's got a solution, would be really appreciated! Thank you!

• 7 months later...

Although this was not for Pokemon, after updating my OS to 10.0.2 with ChoiDujour I had to reinstall my games again, even those I had purchased prior to modding. This caused an issue with The Binding of Isaac where restoring saves would not work, but looking at my saves on sd through my pc there was a duplicate Isaac folder, and after moving my saves from the original folder to the new one I was able to restore the save.