GEN1 Club Nintendo Norway Mew

InsaneNutter

This is a legit Norway Mew for GEN 1 Pokemon games, distributed by Club Nintendo.

TID: 10595
OT: NORWAY

The Club Nintendo Mew distribution ran in Norway from October 15th 2000, to November 20th 2000 and required you to be a Club Nintendo member to receive a Mew.

Club Nintendo members could post their game cartridge to Club Nintendo, Nedre Rommen 5, 0988 OSLO. Once the cartridge was received by Nintendo a Mew would be distributed to it, before the game cartridge was posted back.

This Mew was obtained by Digiex Member Golden Toilette back when he was 9 years old. So do send a big thanks his way for preserving this Mew 19 years later.

Magazine Scans and Translation:

club-nintendo-norway-magazine-issue-3-mew.thumb.jpg.f3ce4ea129873d8d7c64b7e32c4a747a.jpg club-nintendo-norway-magazine-issue-3-mew-info.thumb.jpg.a84a1c001971980dd3c290314df050a0.jpg club-nintendo-norway-magazine-issue-3-mew-info-english.thumb.jpg.ecb6958c73d44ecbafaf784e7ba721ce.jpg

Download: Club Nintendo Norway Mew.zip

Included is the original save, the extracted Level 100 Norway Mew and also the Mew reverted to Level 5.

All credit to Golden Toilette for this release, he sent everything my way on Digiex so I could write up and share it for everyone to enjoy.

Edited by InsaneNutter
  • Like 9
  • Time Gear 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 22/11/2019 at 18:02, RodrigoTR said:

¡Esto ni siquiera aparece en Bulbapedia ! Es un hallazgo asombroso. La página solo muestra que el Reino Unido y la República de Irlanda tuvieron esta distribución de revistas y en un marco de tiempo diferente.

si aparece en bulbapedia, pero no con las fechas que indica, ni el OT, Segun bulbapedia, si existio un Norway pokemon tour mew, pero el OT no es NORWAY como el mew de esta pagina, sino es EUROPE, y las fechas tampoco coinciden, este mew dice que fue repartido del 15 de octubre al 20 d noviembre del 2000, pero en bulbapedia dice que fue repartido del 2 de noviembre de 2000 al 21 de mayo de 2001. entonces, quien tiene la razón?

• 7 months later...

Just as a curiosity, for collectors, this mew and the European mew (https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/topic/40508-gen-1-europe-mew-denmark-event-mew/)  are from the same event (Club Nintendo Mew), search a little in bulbapedia and cross both information, and well, according to bulbapedia, the OT of these mew can be EUROPE, NORWAY , FINLAND and DENMARK; Of course, there are other events where the OT is the same, however, these pokemon were distributed to members of the Nintendo club, as mentioned by both owners of these mew, only that one received a mew with OT Norway and the other with Europe , but they are from the same event. I thought for a long time that they would be different events, because there is a Norway mew, but that event was held in person during a tour in Norway, while those of this event, the players had to send their cartridges to Bergsala (Nintendo's distributor in the countries Nordic and Baltic), as mentioned by the owners. Another characteristic that they have in common and that makes them belong to the same event is that the two mew have the same IVS: 5 HP, 10 Attack, 1 Defense, 12 Speed, and 5 Special; which were characteristics of the mew distributed in the Club Nintendo event. One thing that made me doubt is that there is an event called Norway Pokémon Tour Mew (which made me think that the Norway Mew of Project Pokémon was from this event) but no, because the OT of this Norway Pokémon Tour Mew is FINLAND, and the Project Pokemon was NORWAY, so it doesn't match. Well, here I leave the link and the screenshots for you to corroborate. Regards.

image.thumb.png.6b0ccb1435994e1ad831ec8f338bf823.pngimage.thumb.png.8b8c45578e0d9f2e32f00d0a42afe798.png

• Like 1