Edit Shiny encounter? Sword and shield

dnacopy

3 hours ago, FooFighters said:

Yeah, I know about the trainer editor but I can't seem to figure out which tab on the bottom right edits the shiny encounter number. I tried "pretty" and that wasn't it, nothing there explicitly says "shiny".

I think it might be one_day_encounter? My shiny count seems to be the same as the number there. Just out of curiosity, why are you trying to edit that?

37 minutes ago, azraen said:

I think it might be one_day_encounter? My shiny count seems to be the same as the number there. Just out of curiosity, why are you trying to edit that?

I gave myself the full dex so I could cop the shiny charm and start shiny hunting ASAP, but after loading in my game and checking my league card I see "shiny Pokemon encountered 340+", when I've literally only gotten two so far.

1 minute ago, FooFighters said:

I gave myself the full dex so I could cop the shiny charm and start shiny hunting ASAP, but after loading in my game and checking my league card I see "shiny Pokemon encountered 340+", when I've literally only gotten two so far.

I see, but wouldn't genning the item itself easier? Sorry, I'm quite new. 

9 hours ago, azraen said:

I see, but wouldn't genning the item itself easier? Sorry, I'm quite new. 

Possibly, but I just wanted to have the full Dex and get the item that way.

Have you tried to edit the value of 'capture_symbol'?

I did but that's not it either, the numbers don't match up, none of them do.

Edited by FooFighters

For Dev's reading this, and to OP:

It looks like this value is being pulled from the Pokedex. So in the Dex editor, you just need to check that you have the shiny form of whatever you've encountered, then update your league card at a terminal in game.

As far as it ticking and counting for each shiny you find even if you already own it, I haven't been able to check so far as I haven't found anymore.

So if you're just looking to have that number remain accurate for what you've already found, or want it 0 so you can hunt after a full dex for charm, just make sure the boxes for the shiny forms of everything/whatever you have is checked/unchecked respectfully, and then update your league card in game.

I know this works because I 'moved ;)' my shinies from Sword over to shield, and updated my league card. The game now thinks I caught them legit in Shield.

EDIT:

It would be nice to be able to edit our league cards though to include 'registration date', watts, rally best score, Curry Dex, etc.

Edited by Cryptic Soldier

18 hours ago, Cryptic Soldier said:

For Dev's reading this, and to OP:

It looks like this value is being pulled from the Pokedex. So in the Dex editor, you just need to check that you have the shiny form of whatever you've encountered, then update your league card at a terminal in game.

As far as it ticking and counting for each shiny you find even if you already own it, I haven't been able to check so far as I haven't found anymore.

So if you're just looking to have that number remain accurate for what you've already found, or want it 0 so you can hunt after a full dex for charm, just make sure the boxes for the shiny forms of everything/whatever you have is checked/unchecked respectfully, and then update your league card in game.

I know this works because I 'moved ;)' my shinies from Sword over to shield, and updated my league card. The game now thinks I caught them legit in Shield.

EDIT:

It would be nice to be able to edit our league cards though to include 'registration date', watts, rally best score, Curry Dex, etc.

Ahhhh, I see, thank you so much. Unchecking the other 390+ shiny Pokemon I haven't gotten yet will be an ordeal though, lol.