Square Shiny Pokemon editing in SW/SH

kj13569

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, justsomeone said:

idk if someone metioned that: just hold shift and press the star in pkhex. it will make the pokemon a square shiny.

This thread was started before the function was implemented into PKHeX. You’re replying to the thread after the fact.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey! So I saw in the Batch editor thread there was a User who was stating that in the Mass editor if you enter .PID=$shiny0 that will change all pokemon to Xor=0/Square Shinies. I have tried multiple times and I am unable to get it to work. I don't receive any errors, it looks like it changes the PIDs to shiny but doesn't calculate Xor=0 from the TID/SID. So the only way would be to hold Shift while toggling shiny for the mons?

Edited by TheExcitedTech

3 hours ago, TheExcitedTech said:

Hey! So I saw in the Batch editor thread there was a User who was stating that in the Mass editor if you enter .PID=$shiny0 that will change all pokemon to Xor=0/Square Shinies. I have tried multiple times and I am unable to get it to work. I don't receive any errors, it looks like it changes the PIDs to shiny but doesn't calculate Xor=0 from the TID/SID. So the only way would be to hold Shift while toggling shiny for the mons?

If your mons are already shiny, the square shiny won't work. Yes, .PID=$shiny0 does work for gen 8, but I'm unsure how it fares on lower gens.
(you didn't state what games you were using, so I assumed that a .either the mons were already shiny or b. not gen 8 )

Make sure you're on the latest PKHeX. The .PID=shiny0 wasn't implemented when SWSH was first supported. Maybe you have that version.

If your mons were already shiny, use .PID=$rand to unshinify them, then proceed to use .PID=$shiny0

If you save is of a lower gen, I don't have a solution. Maybe import the mon in gen 8 then try there.

10 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

If your mons are already shiny, the square shiny won't work. Yes, .PID=$shiny0 does work for gen 8, but I'm unsure how it fares on lower gens.
(you didn't state what games you were using, so I assumed that a .either the mons were already shiny or b. not gen 8 )

Make sure you're on the latest PKHeX. The .PID=shiny0 wasn't implemented when SWSH was first supported. Maybe you have that version.

If your mons were already shiny, use .PID=$rand to unshinify them, then proceed to use .PID=$shiny0

If you save is of a lower gen, I don't have a solution. Maybe import the mon in gen 8 then try there.

I tried this on USUM save file and later transfer them to Bank --> Home --> SwSh but it didn't work. They are start shiny still. It only works if I do it manually.

22 minutes ago, cyberbear said:

I tried this on USUM save file and later transfer them to Bank --> Home --> SwSh but it didn't work. They are start shiny still. It only works if I do it manually.

The transfers retain the PID, regardless of star/square. That means that you probably need to set their PID when in gen 8

35 minutes ago, ZMQuade said:

Can I also ask for help re getting ultra shinies?
My IDs are:

SID - 3735 | TID - 124250

Thank you!

read (literally a few posts above yours)

On 1/24/2020 at 8:10 PM, theSLAYER said:

PKHeX is able to generate square shinies.

Insert the TID and SID into PKHeX, then just hold shift and press the star in PKHeX

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Reinventyourexit said:

Hello, is there any way to make Square Shiny pokemons em US UM ? I made some pkmns and some of it become square shinies when I transfered to SwSh, and some no.

Note: In pkhex when I load my US Save they don't change the shiny type pressing Shift

Apparently I have to manually calculate the PID. Holding Shift + Click doesn't work for me as well.

2 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

are you doing it on a gen 8 save, and what version is your PKHeX?

No, I edit on USUM save file since I don't have a hacked Switch. PKHeX version is 20.02.14.

Only those I manually changed the PID will be square shiny in Sw/Sh.

Edited by cyberbear

15 minutes ago, cyberbear said:

No, I edit on USUM save file since I don't have a hacked Switch. PKHeX version is 20.02.14.

Only those I manually changed the PID will be square shiny in Sw/Sh.

Erm, that only works for Gen 8, of course it wouldn't work.

Okay,  load an empty PKHeX with a gen 8 blank save.
drag the mons over, use the ctrl + click method to obtain square shiny PID,
Then use those PIDs on another PKHeX window that is editing your gen 7 save.

On 2/25/2020 at 5:15 PM, theSLAYER said:

Erm, that only works for Gen 8, of course it wouldn't work.

Okay,  load an empty PKHeX with a gen 8 blank save.
drag the mons over, use the ctrl + click method to obtain square shiny PID,
Then use those PIDs on another PKHeX window that is editing your gen 7 save.

Is there a way to change all mons PID to the same value? I'm thinking if I can batch edit them, it will be faster.

I used this but apparently, it didn't work. As in, the Pokemon PIDs didn't change.

=FatefulEncounter=False

=RibbonClassic=False

!Ball=16

=IsShiny=False

=TrainerID7=[TID]

=TrainerSID7=[SID]

.PID=[PID number]

Edited by cyberbear

• 1 year later...