Possible Gen 4 Box Glitch?

NekoSabrina

So I just started a Diamond file and I'm coming across something kinda unusual. I placed a Pokémon in Box 1, but when I open PKHeX, the box appears empty (and reloading the Box by switching to the adjacent ones and back doesn't seem to work). When I load the save back up, the Pokémon is still there where it should be, so... Using the latest version of PKHeX as well.

760730030_PokemonDiamond__21805.png.331d13de065ff952f3a8f8beb93ce032.pngpkhex.png.3d237a5a64304d09320eda8cda5a72c4.png

Now I'm not sure if this is just a quirk with my game since I'm very early on, or if it's an actual problem and whether or not it extends to the other Gen 4 games.

I just did the same as you, no issues. It's possible that DeSmuME doesn't automatically write the save data as soon as you save in-game. It may be only writing the save data at set intervals, or when you exit the game. So if you're loading the .dsv while the game is running, without closing the emulator, try closing the emulator completely after saving, before opening the save file.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e9013e706e826a41c7e9314616811f65.png

Yeah, I was just trying to think of reasons why it could have happened. I wonder if there could be an issue where it mistakenly loads the backup save data instead of the active one, that would explain why it was there in-game but not showing in the editor.

Well, if everything works without issues from then on, everything's probably fine.