How do you search for flags in G4 ?

Asia81

Then it's beyond my capacities...

I tried to compare between 00.sav and 01.sav (I called the save 00 for no unlocked wallpaper and 08 for all of them unlocked), there is too much differences, even if I saved right before and after unlocking it.

And I don't find any logical bytes between these, or the 00.sav and the 08.sav (something as 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 to 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 or another byte/offset ).

Thanks for your reply tho.

If you're lucky, each wallpaper is a bit-mask and they are all stored in a single byte, just like badges. So having the first wallpaper would be 01, and having all 8 would be FF.

Found it at 0x1E2C6 for DP, no wallpapers = 00, all wallpapers = FF

Each wallpaper is 1 bit out of the 8 bits, haven't checked to see which bit is associated with which wallpaper though.

(Add 0x40000 for second block, if that's the current active save block.)

Edited by Guest

I'm interested in how you managed to find it and / or by which tools (with perhaps a better search engine / comparison than HxD) you used. It can be usefull if I want give a try for badges.

There was so many differences that I gave up.

Also what do you mean by " (Add 0x40000 for second block) " .

Edited by Asia81

I compared save with no wallpapers unlocked and save with all wallpapers unlocked. Just the regular compare tool in HxD.

You're looking for the byte where the save file with no wallpapers unlocked has 00, and the save file with all wallpapers unlocked has FF.

Save file is divided in two blocks, one current and one backup (in no particular order, which one is current depends on the save count in the footer.) The offset in first block is 0x1E2C6, offset in second block is 0x5E2C6. If you don't know which block is the current and which is the backup, and editing 0x1E2C6 doesn't have an effect in-game, then this means the second block is the current one, and you have to edit 0x5E2C6 instead.