Wild Area Legality Contributions

ReignOfComputer

PKHeX needs contributions to refine the Legality checks in the Wild Area. Pokemon that spawn outside of the grass are considered Static Encounters (see Kaph's long list here), and we need data for the Nests too.

If you have legitimately caught Pokemon from the Wild Area that is being flagged as "Invalid: Unable to match an encounter from origin game", please contribute your .pk8 files either by attaching them to this thread or by sending a Private Message.

Alternatively, if you are a developer, you can contribute the `Species` and `Met_Location` of the Pokemon. Or just directly contribute to the project on GitHub.

You can track the progress on GitHub here: https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/blob/master/PKHeX.Core/Legality/Encounters/Data/Encounters8.cs

• Like 3

On 11/19/2019 at 6:33 PM, NerysRhys said:

Do you need files about the ones caught in Nests too, or just the ones who weren't in the grass? (Just in case, Givrali, Moyade, Ronflex, Gallame and Lokhlass were caught outside the grass, the others should have been caught in Nests).

Thanks, many of these should be Legal as of the latest commit.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

660 - Diggersby - B644939D606B.pk8Hey. I'm not sure if this requires its own topic or if I can post it here. But a week ago I was finally able to dump my save file using the non-homebrew method. I've been looking through my Pokemon, and the latest version of PKHeX fixed a few issues some of mine had with traded egg memories. But some of my self-caught Pokemon still have issues, and it makes them seem illegal.

On SwSh release, I went to the wild area and I caught a Diggersby in the wild area. It's level 15, the dynamax level tells me it didn't come from a raid, so it must've been a strong spawn or a wild encounter spawn. It's self caught and I never touched it, so I know it's perfectly legit. The problem that PKHeX sees is that its met location is "at West Lake Axewell (in a wild area)." It's marked as invalid because according to encounter tables, that's not where you're supposed to find a Diggersby. You can find a Diggersby in East Lake Axewell, but not West Lake Axewell. But I caught it there, so it can't be invalid. What happened? File is attached.

Edit: Added a Dusclops I mentioned in a separate post.

660 - Diggersby - B644939D606B.pk8

356 - Dusclops - 77E06160378D.pk8

Edited by ICanSnake

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2020 at 2:11 AM, ICanSnake said:

660 - Diggersby - B644939D606B.pk8Hey. I'm not sure if this requires its own topic or if I can post it here. But a week ago I was finally able to dump my save file using the non-homebrew method. I've been looking through my Pokemon, and the latest version of PKHeX fixed a few issues some of mine had with traded egg memories. But some of my self-caught Pokemon still have issues, and it makes them seem illegal.

On SwSh release, I went to the wild area and I caught a Diggersby in the wild area. It's level 15, the dynamax level tells me it didn't come from a raid, so it must've been a strong spawn or a wild encounter spawn. It's self caught and I never touched it, so I know it's perfectly legit. The problem that PKHeX sees is that its met location is "at West Lake Axewell (in a wild area)." It's marked as invalid because according to encounter tables, that's not where you're supposed to find a Diggersby. You can find a Diggersby in East Lake Axewell, but not West Lake Axewell. But I caught it there, so it can't be invalid. What happened? File is attached.

Edit: Added a Dusclops I mentioned in a separate post.

660 - Diggersby - B644939D606B.pk8 344 B · 8 downloads

356 - Dusclops - 77E06160378D.pk8 344 B · 6 downloads

Hello, sorry if I disappoint but this isn't an answer to your post. Was wondering where I could read more on the non-homebrew method to dumping my save file? This doesn't require a hacked switch I assume.

• 8 months later...