Dynamax Crystals not working

NicoPV08

Hey! I tried to add the dynamax stones/crystals for the special raid for Larvitar ang Jangmo-o that come with the code if you buy the double pack. So I add them to my inventory and they appear in game, but the description is three question marks "???" and when I go to the tower den and try to use them, they don't work. It says "the words of the professor blablabla is not the time to use blabla". Just wanted to report the error. I hope that the mystery gift event flags com e soon. Thank you for your hard work on PkHex!

Capture.PNG

It may be possible in the future to add this stuff via modding, once sufficient research has been done, it's just that it's more complicated than usual since it seems the data is not stored in the save file itself (correct me if I'm wrong.)

If everything is carried over from sysnand when creating an emunand, then it should be possible to safely do this by starting the game on clean OFW sysnand, then creating an emunand from it that you keep offline, and doing the mod stuff on emunand.

And if/when they make more of them available in the future, then it should still be possible to backup save files from emunand, then connect again on clean OFW sysnand to download the data, create a new emunand from it, and then reimport all the backed up save data to that new emunand.

If I'm visualizing this right, at least.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Ammako said:

If everything is carried over from sysnand when creating an emunand, then it should be possible to safely do this by starting the game on clean OFW sysnand, then creating an emunand from it that you keep offline, and doing the mod stuff on emunand.

And if/when they make more of them available in the future, then it should still be possible to backup save files from emunand, then connect again on clean OFW sysnand to download the data, create a new emunand from it, and then reimport all the backed up save data to that new emunand.

If I'm visualizing this right, at least.

I think this only works if you ain't banned. ><

Yeah, unfortunately. For now, that is. Until someone figures out where and how the data is stored, and how to share it around for people to directly inject.

3 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

It *may* be possible that if you load the save on console that had the update, save the game,
then load said save back onto a console without any updates (such as your hacked Switch),
it could potentially work.

Send over your saves, I want to give it a try.

edit: needs more testing.

Sounds plausible, I would appreciate if you could test it for me, since the other nintendo switch I have is clean and updated to the latest OFW. Here goes my save file from pokemon sword. And I don't know if it helps to know this, but my banned switch is on 9.0.1. Thanks in advance!

main

Edited by NicoPV08

19 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Will give it a go in a few hours time. I initially thought that may be the case, however my testings shows that the system I was working with may already have the update data,
so I'm gonna have to tweak some settings before I try it out later in a few hours time.

Nice, thanks! Any luck yet?

I've tested by sending my save to another team member who has yet to connect to the internet.

He could see the items, and use the Dynamax crystal. It appears that the item description (encounterable species) is stored on the save from the update data, if no newer game update data is present on the console.

Need more looking into this.

On 11/22/2019 at 11:13 AM, theSLAYER said:

I've tested by sending my save to another team member who has yet to connect to the internet.

He could see the items, and use the Dynamax crystal. It appears that the item description (encounterable species) is stored on the save from the update data, if no newer game update data is present on the console.

can I have your save file, i'd like to have a dragon fight the champian. Thanks a lot.

On 11/21/2019 at 7:13 PM, theSLAYER said:

So my idea was close.