What are my options for moving pokemon from D/P to Platinum?

Shiaoran

I've edited my Diamon and Pearl saves to make them have the same name, ID and SID. It's basically the same game as far as other games know. Then I use Pokemon Ranch to do the moving.

But, as you know, Ranch (NA) isn't compatible with Platinum. At least not officially.

Is using PokeSav my only option? (I don't have 2 working DSs. Phat is dead :P)

Well just making your Ids from D to Pt wont really help. theres lot of In-Game stuff what you have to edit to cheat MyPokemonRanch. But thats impossible unless you want to open your games and do some master hacking :P

its really no use using pokesav. Because you cant read there Main stuff what you only get to see in pokesav.

The only best way is by trading. the effort is really worth it.

It took me allmost an hour Trading my best pokemon from D to Pt

If you dont have a 2nd DS. then your f*cked.

You could use Pokesav... but not that good.

I'm not intrested in HG/SS for now, only when they're released in English. And maybe only sometime after that. I'm not a Pokemaniac, I haven't even started PT yet :P (Though I do have some phases of myself... And I AM on a Pokemon phase... Just finished Rumble, started Mystery Dungeon Blue, as I had never played a Pokemon MD game, and after that I'll start Platinum... IF my current pokephase doesn't end before that xD)

Anyway, I don't think you know how easy the proccess I have in mind is.

Load PokeSav

Load D/P save

Export pkmn

Load Pt save

Import pkmn

Save

In fact, I think it's faster than going through Ranch :P

I won't even need to change every pkmn's ownership, as I'd already have changed my Pt save to essentially be the same character as my D/P ones.

I'll check out your app, it may be even easier than using PokeSav.

I find it hilariously ironic that you say you're not a Pokémaniac, yet you've played through Rumble and some of MD Blue. :P

Anyway, I don't think you know how easy the proccess I have in mind is.

Load PokeSav

Load D/P save

Export pkmn

Load Pt save

Import pkmn

Save

I'll check out your app, it may be even easier than using PokeSav.

It is easier, trust me.

Load my app x 2

Load D/P save x 2

Drag and drop desired Pokémon between windows

Save x 2

Plus you get a nice graphical display, and you can check summaries for each Pokémon that are nearly perfectly like the games' summaries. Also, my app actually reads and writes the save file correctly, whereas Pokesav sometimes does not.