Is there a way to essentially extract all of the editable data from a save file?

ZST

Long story short, my Platinum save file does not keep track of time correctly. I keep getting the “please visit tomorrow” message for every daily event for a week now

my save got corrupted at one point - unrelated to PKHex I believe - and I guess whatever got corrupted messed up the in game time. 

I want to create a new save file that is a replica on PKHex but I know the way I am, I’ll mess up somewhere or miss something especially on event flags or something like that 

//---multi post merged, please don't do it again. Use the edit button when necessary.---//

Also, I understand that Accessory/contest item editing hasn’t been implemented because it is “undocumented” 

how would it be documented? I figure it hasn’t been implemented simply because it’s so insignificant, not because it’s difficult, on account of all the editing options available 

26 minutes ago, OldYoungMan said:

I keep getting the “please visit tomorrow” message for every daily event for a week now

my save got corrupted at one point - unrelated to PKHex I believe - and I guess whatever got corrupted messed up the in game time.

Are you using an emulator or cart on DS?

27 minutes ago, OldYoungMan said:

how would it be documented?

A before save (before you get it) and an after save (after you get the accessory.) There must be minimal to no changes between the saves otherwise.
Keep doing this, take note of what byte value get changed. Slowly and surely, you'll build an excel table with all the changes identified.

15 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Are you using an emulator or cart on DS?

A before save (before you get it) and an after save (after you get the accessory.) There must be minimal to no changes between the saves otherwise.
Keep doing this, take note of what byte value get changed. Slowly and surely, you'll build an excel table with all the changes identified.

Cart on DS. I’m transferring with a save dongle, and I’ve had a couple of instances where the save file has gotten corrupted 

8 minutes ago, OldYoungMan said:

Cart on DS. I’m transferring with a save dongle, and I’ve had a couple of instances where the save file has gotten corrupted 

for now, stop doing the transfer to and fro. Now, set your NDS time to 11:56 PM, leave it on, and the time has to switch into 12AM while you're in the Pokemon game.
(bypassing time lock: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/946308-pokemon-platinum-version/49751779)

43 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

for now, stop doing the transfer to and fro. Now, set your NDS time to 11:56 PM, leave it on, and the time has to switch into 12AM while you're in the Pokemon game.
(bypassing time lock: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/946308-pokemon-platinum-version/49751779)

Yeah I already did that about 3-4 days ago. I tried every trick I could find including setting the days forward in addition to putting my time at 11:55 or 11:56

i really think something just got corrupted in my save file. My first party Pokémon was glitched out and I merely replaced it with a copy of the data from an earlier backup file from PKHex, and it seemed to work fine. I’m guessing other things went wrong besides my first Pokémon being corrupted. 

Edited by OldYoungMan

(It was the first 0x90, my mistake.)

I figured it must've had to do with the anti-time travel mechanism, so I created a new save file, saved the game, made a copy, and then changed the date on my system before loading the game up again and saving again. Then I looked at the differences between both saves.

Most of the differences were in those first few lines, there were other differences much further into the file but they didn't seem very important. I figured that the data related to anti-time travel was probably in those first few lines, and maybe I'm completely wrong about that, but it sounds like that did the trick anyway, which is what matters.

I just hope there isn't anything else in those first 0x90 bytes that was important.

• 3 months later...