Opinion: Switch should have something akin to R4i dongle

patsworld

54 minutes ago, patsworld said:

it was so handy, i wish their was one for switch games

Switch saves are not stored on the cartridge: instead it is stored on the Switch itself.

Since saves aren't stored on the cart itself, no hardware can extract a save from the cart itself :/
I assume it is to make it impossible to create hardware like the dongle you mentioned, or powersaves.

• Teary-Eyed 1

• theSLAYER changed the title to Opinion: Switch should have something akin to R4i dongle
2 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Switch saves are not stored on the cartridge: instead it is stored on the Switch itself.

Since saves aren't stored on the cart itself, no hardware can extract a save from the cart itself :/
I assume it is to make it impossible to create hardware like the dongle you mentioned, or powersaves.

ooohright i see, darn :P

• Like 1

Oh look, someone decided to ask for a PKHeX SWSH update again, after I specifically said:

On 11/5/2019 at 10:46 AM, theSLAYER said:

You've asked this question before.

and here was my answer then. That answer is still valid.

On 10/20/2019 at 6:53 PM, theSLAYER said:

When Sword and Shield is officially released, PKHeX should get an update, if it all goes well.

Of course it all depends on whether the save encryption is hacked etc. Be patient.

Seriously, just be patient and wait.

The games are not officially out. Do not ask again.

If anyone asks even before the game is out, based on what is being said, it could mean that you pirated the games, and that assertion can lead to bans.
For your own good, stop asking.

• Like 1