About traded, hatched 'mons

Jayc

I want to create traded hatched Pokemon from scratch. However, I'm utterly clueless about what data remains the same and what data changes upon trade, especially regarding hatched data.

CAN EGGS BE TRADED? (lol)

I am almost certain it is a positive. If it isn't, then all the other questions pertaining to traded eggs can be ignored.

HOMETOWN

If eggs can be traded, does the soon-to-be-hatched Pokemon take the hometown of where the egg was created or where the egg was hatched?

EGG RECEIVED AT

I'd like to know what happens to the Egg Received At data upon trade between (or among) certain versions. Does it get changed? Does it get deleted? Those are what I primarily want to know.

Here are the specific ways the Pokemon/Egg may change hands that I'm interested to know how Egg Received At may or may not change. If anyone has had first-hand experience in doing this especially concerning DPPt-HGSS trading and can verify/correct my suspicions/predictions, please do so.

1) RSEFRLG to DPPtHGSS a.k.a. Pal Parked Pokemon

-Suspecting either values 2003 (Kanto Region) or 2005 (Hoenn Region) or data gets deleted.

2) DPPt to DPPt - Hatched Pokemon

-I'm thinking that nothing changes except for that whole Faraway Place issue.

3) DPPt to DPPt - Traded Egg

-Same as 2). About Date Egg Received... possibly the date where the egg was received from the Daycare?

4) HGSS to DPPt - Hatched Pokemon

-Suspecting either values 2004 (Johto Region) or 3002 (Faraway Place).

5) HGSS to DPPt - Traded Egg

-Same as 4) and 3).

6) DPPt to HGSS - Hatched Pokemon

7) DPPt to HGSS - Traded Egg

Or maybe, nothing gets changed, just like with the hex values.

Any sort of information pertaining to this will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Jayc

First of all, eggs can be traded, for sure.

Second of all, be sure to familiarize yourself with the information in this guide. Very near the beginning answers your question about the Pal Park.

Now then. The hometown is the game in which the egg was obtained, not hatched.

The egg received at info is also retained (bearing in mind that this will show as "Faraway Place" if traded from a new location in Platinum or HGSS; the location 2004, "Johto Region", is not used at all).

I'm not sure, as HGSS is only available in Japanese, but I believe HGSS retains the location data from DPPt, so trading a Pokémon from DPPt to HGGS, the received at data should remain the same. In other words, if you got your egg from Riley in DPPt, it should still say Riley in HGSS.

So basically the rules of trading between versions works the same way with eggs as it does normal trading; the information basically doesn't change, just which information is displayed on the Trainer Memo might change.

No.

Once you trade an egg, the location received changes from "Daycare Couple, egg received" to "Link Trade, egg obtained" and the date received/obtained becomes your DS's date.

Hm. Now that I've reread the sticky on hex values... it might seem that way. Though it wasn't very clear. If someone else can confirm this, it would be great.

Pingouin, do you know first-hand if Egg Received At still changes to 'Link Trade' when the egg is traded from HGSS to DPPt?

No.

Once you trade an egg, the location received changes from "Daycare Couple, egg received" to "Link Trade, egg obtained" and the date received/obtained becomes your DS's date.

You sure about that? I could have sworn the memo changed to "Egg apparently received at...". I was pretty sure "Link trade" only applied to the in-game NPC trades.

Hm. I have 2 DS' at home now... I will have to investigate this.