Need help with PokeDSPic

KazoWAR

What program can save pictures in to the proper format that is needed to Open pngs in to the program with out giving you garbage. I tried using Paint.net with a low color plugin to save them with 16 colors, but its not liking those files either.

You need to open the PNG and save to the NARC for two separate files, the character (pretty much the image itself) and the palette.

If you look at the order of files most pokemon will be like this:

Item X --backsprite female

Item X+1 -- backsprite male

Item X+2 -- sprite female

Item X+3 -- sprite male

Item X+4 -- palette

Item X+5 -- shiny palette

repeat for next pokemon...

I should also warn you about something that tripped me up a lot. The "transparent color" must be first in the palette for it to work.

Thanks, loos like Paint.net saves blacks in the frist slots of the palette. I was able to find a program that lets me edit the palette of png files. now I just need to try to ge it so the a front and a back sprite share the same palette in the same order =/

I take it you're trying to get a >16 color image edited in? Photoshop has a pretty awesome utility that will take a palette you give it and reduce an image down to those colors, matching the closest possible color and dithering if necessary.

GIMP probably has something along those lines too.