Trading Mew in Emerald

imYati

Hi,

so I was rng abusing Mew on japanese emerald on emulator, and since I wanted to use my TID as seed, I also used warp codes to warp to the battle frontier early and some stuff like that. I used PKHeX to be able to use the ferry to get to faraway island, to catch Mew there. When looking at the save with PKHeX, it says that the Mew is legal (which is also my goal), and it also is obedient when using it in battle. However, when I try to trade it to a different save file, it says "That pokemon can't be traded now" (or the japanese version of it). The same goes for navel rock Lugia and Ho-Oh. For Lugia and Ho-Oh this isn't much of an issue, since I can just pal park them with Desmume and trade them in gen4. However I wanted to send my Mews to XD: Gale of Darkness, in order to teach them Fake Out and Hypnosis, which Mew can't learn otherwise. Is there something I can do to "convince" Emerald to let me trade them or is my best bet to just use PKHeX for transferring as well?

Any help is appreciated 😀

I'm fairly certain that you can't trade things that aren't in the Hoenn dex until you get the National Pokédex, regardless of whether you are trading to or from Emerald.