PK3ds static encounter crashing and unable to open

Omikaye

Hello there, I've been making a Rom hack of Pokemon Ultra Sun and I've run into an issue. I've looked around on the forums and I haven't been able to find a similar issue, but if there already is sorry for asking. 

In short, every time I try to open static encounters, I run into an error message. Here is the message.

Exception Details:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '65535' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
Parameter name: SelectedIndex
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   at pk3DS.Main.<B_Static_Click>b__60_0() in C:\BuildAgent\work\ccf72a59f9911202\pk3DS\Main.cs:line 1126
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------
mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll

pk3DS, Version=1.0.0.402, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\Omikaye\Desktop\Ultra Sun Rom Hack\pk3ds epic\pk3DS.exe

System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

pk3DS.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\Omikaye\Desktop\Ultra Sun Rom Hack\pk3ds epic\pk3DS.Core.dll

--------------------
User Message:
An unhandled exception has occurred.
The program must now close.

I have tried to fix the problem myself with no progress.

I've tried grabbing a new rom and starting from scratch in case it was any of the edits I made, but even on a fresh rom, it crashes and gives the same error. 

I've also tried opening pk3ds in Visual Studio, but I'm not good enough at coding to find out why there is a problem with SelectedIndex finding a value of 65535.

Even when I try to use a different rom, (say X or Omega Ruby) static encounters still crashes and gives the same message. 

If possible, I'd really appreciate any help I can get, as my hack wouldn't be complete if I couldn't edit Totem Pokemon. Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On 12/28/2019 at 4:44 AM, gnut butter said:

im getting that same issue whenever i try to edit trainers and this is the only post i've seen discussing the issue. have you made any progress is determining the reason behind the error?

Unfortunately no, I've been searching for answers but I can't seem to figure out how to fix the issue.

--merged--

I've been trying again to find the exact problem, but even on a clean rom, as soon as I change anything that isn't level in Static Encounters (A gift pokemon for example, let's say changing the trade Hawlucha in the Alola route 2 Pokemon center to a Beldum) it will crash and then lock me out of static encounters permanently until I try again using a new rom, in which case it will continue to do the same thing every time I attempt to edit static encounters. I still can't seem to find anyone else with a similar issue nor any fixes for this. 

• 1 year later...
On 1/7/2020 at 2:58 PM, Omikaye said:

Unfortunately no, I've been searching for answers but I can't seem to figure out how to fix the issue.

--merged--

I've been trying again to find the exact problem, but even on a clean rom, as soon as I change anything that isn't level in Static Encounters (A gift pokemon for example, let's say changing the trade Hawlucha in the Alola route 2 Pokemon center to a Beldum) it will crash and then lock me out of static encounters permanently until I try again using a new rom, in which case it will continue to do the same thing every time I attempt to edit static encounters. I still can't seem to find anyone else with a similar issue nor any fixes for this. 

I'm seeing if I can locate the problematic (a) file then replace it with a clean one
Also Yeah I'm dealing with trades

-merged, please don't multi-post, thanks-

I think I might of found the problem:
Two of the trades have the same ID