How to add files from NO$GBA into PKHeX

Hi! I'm trying to use PKHeX and every time I try to add a file from my NO$GBA emulator it gives me the error

Attempted to load an an unsupported file type/size. This could be caused by loading a different generation Pokemon file on an unsupported generation or your file is corrupt.

File Loaded:

C:\Users\MyUser\Documents\Pokemon-FireRed Version (USA).sav

File Size: 131072 bytes

131072 bytes (0x20000)

Any ideas? I can't seem to find much help

I don't think that would make a difference, having a file type being set to be open with a certain program by default shouldn't prevent them from being openable by other programs.

I read a thing about some newer version of NO$GBA having the raw save type toggle directly in the settings, maybe if you have that version you need to actually change it in the settings, and maybe manually editing the .ini wouldn't work.

If you're able to load the save in a different emulator, then maybe you'd be able to re-save it there, and it may save it in a compatible file format. I can't really recommend using NO$GBA nowadays, when mGBA exists.

Your file is the right size, though, so I couldn't really say what's wrong with it, just making guesses.

I've never used mGBA, NO$GBA is just what I'm used to. I'll try downloading that and see if I can transfer over the files. Thanks for the help!

Edit: Yup, mGBA saves work perfectly! Thanks dude! No clue what's up with NO$GBA

Edited by Newfi Cheese

4 hours ago, Newfi Cheese said:

I've never used mGBA, NO$GBA is just what I'm used to. I'll try downloading that and see if I can transfer over the files. Thanks for the help!

Edit: Yup, mGBA saves work perfectly! Thanks dude! No clue what's up with NO$GBA

While it sounds like you gave up on using NO$GBA, it typically works only when set to "Raw". (same advice as I've given before to someone else)

Here's also a slightly different version of an advice I gave (if save size was incorrect to begin with)

On 7/22/2019 at 9:01 PM, theSLAYER said:

1. Take a snapshot of the present gameplay in the game

2. Make a copy of your no$gba folder (including sub-directories with saves) then proceed to try to use this .ini file found below.
3. The game may load without a save, at this point load the snapshot taken previously.
4. Save the game in-game.