I need help.

Terasaurus

1 minute ago, Terasaurus said:

Ohh.. So i put my pkhex main into my jksm folder then press y and it'll load in my game?

Before you perform any edits on PKHeX, make sure you keep an unedited copy of the save file somewhere safe on your computer.
In case of any errors, at least you'll be able to restore the unedited save.

And yes, give it a try and find out :)

But how do i keep my safe copy there? because i have multiple "main" files on my pc named something else like "main 1" or "main 2"

/--posts merged--/

Here's what im gonna do, I'm gonna copy both of my unedited files into a folder, and im gonna take the edited pkhex file, and im gonna put it in the jksm file, then im gonna insert the SD Card into my 3ds then load it in by pressing Y or something?

@Terasaurus last warning to you: stop multi-posting, alright.

6 minutes ago, Terasaurus said:

But how do i keep my safe copy there? because i have multiple "main" files on my pc named something else like "main 1" or "main 2"

That's your prerogative. I don't know, copy the mains to folders, name the folders, never edit those. Only edit COPIES of those.
I already suggested what has to be done. Anything else regarding that you gotta figure that one out. :)

6 minutes ago, Terasaurus said:

Here's what im gonna do, I'm gonna copy both of my unedited files into a folder, and im gonna take the edited pkhex file, and im gonna put it in the jksm file, then im gonna insert the SD Card into my 3ds then load it in by pressing Y or something?

Why don't you try it then find out by loading the game and see if anything changed? As long as you've got an unedited copy on your copy, you can always restore that.
Learn to test things by trial and error.

Nevermind i got it, and i'll edit this if i get a corrupted save or something else like that.

--posts merged-

OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU SO GODDAMN MUCH!!! THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED
image.thumb.png.80d14a2305412a0bc3222998524bb1fa.pngimage.thumb.png.1ce949ea307a955a10501ea2fa3a1f22.png

-posts merged-

but wait, if i edit my save for more pokemon, do i have to do the same thing again? i gotta make another folder or delete inside the pkhex folder i made and replace it with the duped one?

13 minutes ago, Terasaurus said:

but wait, if i edit my save for more pokemon, do i have to do the same thing again? i gotta make another folder or delete inside the pkhex folder i made and replace it with the duped one?

yes, always backup your save whenever you make progress in the game,
then edit a copy of that new backup,
then restore the edited copy.

5 minutes ago, Terasaurus said:

you know what if im gonna get warned just ban me, obviously i don't know how this works so why keep me here?

That's drastic. Warnings (w/ infraction points) only lead to bans if you don't learn from said warnings.

I have received points before; everyone needs to learn.

In any case, the original intention of this thread was to ask how to import/export saves for PKHeX editing, and you've accomplished that.
I'm locking this thread.

In the mean time, I'll restructure the tutorial, since you've had such a hard time understanding it.