Changing rtc in emerald with pkhex?

hacks

Someone please help. I’m interested in this too. My berries in my Ruby version will not grow. When I reset the rtc in pkhex, all my berries are gone. Can someone explain what’s happening and how to make berries grow again? Clicking “berry fix” option makes my “elapsed days” to 784 days and does not make the berries grow.

I found a solution go into event flags tick sys reset rtc enable then go to the event constants tab and enable var sys reset rtc enable export the save and restore it to the cart and hold left select and b it will now let you change the time to whatever you want. If you have replaced the battery recently you want to set it to 0 days idk about the berry's disappearing but yeah its probably bug because your never intended to set the days back so you will need to replant the berrys.

Edited by hacks
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 9/28/2019 at 2:26 AM, hacks said:

I found a solution go into event flags tick sys reset rtc enable then go to the event constants tab and enable var sys reset rtc enable export the save and restore it to the cart and hold left select and b it will now let you change the time to whatever you want. If you have replaced the battery recently you want to set it to 0 days idk about the berry's disappearing but yeah its probably bug because your never intended to set the days back so you will need to replant the berrys.

Late to this topic but this helped me get the time synced up and working when I moved my games save from emulator to cart

• 3 months later...

When you install a new battery, the RTC (real time clock) restarts from 01/01/2000. The game keeps track of played hours, so if you (for example) have played for 10 years and then the battery died you should wait others 10 years to reach the "next day" in-game.

Imho, the best solution is to adjust the RTC and set the actual time, this can be easily done with this little Homebrew software that works with DS/DS lite (the .nds version that works with DS flashcarts, like R4, that access the GBA carts through Slot-2 insertion) or directly with GBA (.gba version with GBA flashcarts, like EZ Flash Omega, and works with cartridge swap).