Need Help with Pkhex

41 minutes ago, patsworld said:

game: Pokemon lets go pikachu

ok my problem is, i gen the pokemon, go back in cfw, restore, launch pokemon and the pokemon i genned are their.

But, when i resart the switch, and launch pokemon the genned pokemon are not their anymore

.. help?

What program/app are you using to import the save?

I’m assuming you’re using EdiZon, instead of Checkpoint.

3 minutes ago, patsworld said:

yes

image.png

Not all CFW installed = emuNAND CFW. That's something you're gonna have to specify.

Also, the data for CFW is separate from the data on stock firmware, so it appears that may be the same for saves as well.

If you make progress in your OFW, save the game there, what happens to the save in CFW?
Does it still have the genned mons, or is it overwritten by the progress made on OFW?

5 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Not all CFW installed = emuNAND CFW. That's something you're gonna have to specify.

Also, the data for CFW is separate from the data on stock firmware, so it appears that may be the same for saves as well.

If you make progress in your OFW, save the game there, what happens to the save in CFW?
Does it still have the genned mons, or is it overwritten by the progress made on OFW?

omg so true, their like 2 diffrent saves,  currently im at the pokemon league in CFW save. and stock, im in pallet town. their 2 diffrent saves.

is their a way solve my issue?

its atmosphere CFW

1 minute ago, patsworld said:

omg so true, their like 2 diffrent saves,  currently im at the pokemon league in CFW save. and stock, im in pallet town. their 2 diffrent saves.

is their a way solve my issue?

its atmosphere CFW

Also to check, if your OFW and CFW user profile the same profile?

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

Hmm, in that case I'm not sure anything can be done. After all, the whole point of emuNAND is to keep all the hacking stuff away from OFW, so that when you go online on OFW, it looks like you "don't hack".

is their a way top the pokemon save from the CFW to the OFW?

5 minutes ago, patsworld said:

is their a way top the pokemon save from the CFW to the OFW?

Probably not.

If I'm not mistaken, back in the 3DS days, for installed versions of the game:
1. A small amount of data, akin to the checksum of the save is saved on the devices memory (nand)
2. The save is encrypted against console and stored on the SD card.

The point 1. is to prevent users from restoring an older save (for cloning etc)
The point 2. is to prevent users from sharing the save with other 3DS (once again for cloning reasons).

So even if you find the encrypted save in the SD card and know where to copy it to, the #1 would be incorrect, and it would force the game to restart.

of course, what I'm saying is based on your report on the OFW/emunand CFW save being disconnected.
Since I don't use emunand on Switch, I didn't know about that, and haven't read about that so far.

• V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

7 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Probably not.

1. A small amount of data, akin to the checksum of the save is saved on the devices memory (nand)

The point 2. is to prevent users from sharing the save with other 3DS (once again for cloning reasons).

So even if you find the encrypted save in the SD card and know where to copy it to, the #1 would be incorrect, and it would force the game to restart.

ah ok thanks for the help.

i hacked my 3ds and played online n never got banned, but i guess they wernt so strick back then :P

ah ok thanks for the help.

i hacked my 3ds and played online n never got banned, but i guess they wernt so strick back then :P

well to be fair the people who got banned on their 3DS either pirated the games and went online early, or made mistakes with their saves.

But yeah now they ban devices for just having CFW (if they detect it)

8 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Probably not.

ok so i got a plane, on the CFW, rstore, lauch pokemn and check the genned pokemon, then while still in CFW send the saved game data locally to another switch... Boom?

ok so i got a plane, on the CFW, rstore, lauch pokemn and check the genned pokemon, then while still in CFW send the saved game data locally to another switch... Boom?

could give that a try, but I think there's something about the other switch needing to have the same user profile or connected to same nintendo account or something.
Gotta check out the details before trying.

13 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Probably not.

of course, what I'm saying is based on your report on the OFW/emunand CFW save being disconnected.
Since I don't use emunand on Switch, I didn't know about that, and haven't read about that so far.

so you use sysNAND?

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

could give that a try, but I think there's something about the other switch needing to have the same user profile or connected to same nintendo account or something.
Gotta check out the details before trying.

i have 2 switch's :P, the other one is patched so cant have CFW on it :P both have same user profile/account on them