VS Recorder - How efficient is it in checking Pokemon?

Torte de Lini

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's already known Syberia, although I seemed to not have stated it in my previous post

Accessing other parts of the "GTS" facility were fine with minor lock-ups upon entering (happens on occasion).

Uploading boxes of your pokemon is fine as well. Not tested with Contest-winning pokemon, but I assume it should be fine as well.

What is the trouble is uploading videos using a flash card via the Battle Recorder section in "GTS". Trying to do the same procedure with pokemon with legal hex values, but not a non-generated PID/IV and/or legal shininess causes problem, no direct correlation through process of elimination shows that those aspects are direct cause of not being unable to load videos, but we can assume that at least one of them prohibits us from doing so.

Confirmation on anything previously stated in any posts would be terrific.

There is no difference between playing from a flashcart and playing from a retail game, this stuff about any wifi functions not working for flashcart users is not true.

If any of the pokemon in the video are illegal, you will get an error message. If it's your pokemon then it will say your pokemon, if not it will say the recipient's, which really doesn't seem like the correct use of the word... If they are both illegal it will say recipient's.

Lol @ loopholes.

All I know is the following:

• CycloDS and/or Flash Card users cannot access GTS (Locks-up as soon as you past the doors)
  • Uploading Boxes/ Contest pokemon does not cause a problem (sometimes you might lock-up)
  • Uploading Pokemon videos with correct Hex Values (Mine were correct, I believe), but illegit IVs/Nature/Shininess will cause the video to give the following error: "here's a problem with YOUR party Pokemon"

Not confirmed if it's only because of the flash card or lack of legal IVs/Nature/Shininess or another factor that remains untested

1. ive accessed GTS on my acekard2i like millions of times and done trade. (to do GTS trick)

2. i've uploaded 2 pokemon videos, even check the platinum video thread.

Al'right, I stand corrected, despite being told otherwise and having tried it myself.

Is everyone's firmware at their latest? Because whenever I try GTS, I get a lock-up and blank screen.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?t=805

I'd like to remind everyone that this is still off-topic to my original question about the VS Recorded and no one has made any further tests recently.

Well, I just used my team yesterday against a friend (You know, the team I've been making in my "All-Around" thread.) and recorded the battle and tried to send it online and it said something about there being a problem with my team or something. I double-checked it over Legality and whatever else and it's completely legal for the in-game boundaries.

I only skimmed through the thread so I'm sorry if this has been answered and I missed it. Any reason as to why this video won't upload?

EDIT: I think I may have figured it out. I just realized that two of my pokemon (my Dragonite and my Metagross) were not in pokeballs....they are all 'hatched' pokemon....ugh. I think that is probably the reason. I'm in the process of fixing it now.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

I just found that something as simple as having a hatched mon being met at lvl1 rather than lvl0 didn't let me on the battle recorder

It really is quite strict and for some reason that has surprised me alot

Today I tested the VS Recorder and when uploading the video an error occured:

"Couldn't upload the video because there was a problem with opponent's pokèmons"

This means his pokèmon were hacked? I have a Super Card DSOne, so I still don't know if with flashcards is possible to upload videos with a flashcard.

It is definitely possible to upload videos from a flashcart; your opponent was just using some badly hacked pokemon. That being said, though, the other day I saw an Ultra Ball Celebi in a Battle Recorder video that was uploaded to the GTS. I thought Celebi didn't come in an Ultra Ball?

It is definitely possible to upload videos from a flashcart; your opponent was just using some badly hacked pokemon. That being said, though, the other day I saw an Ultra Ball Celebi in a Battle Recorder video that was uploaded to the GTS. I thought Celebi didn't come in an Ultra Ball?

Well if you modified the ball with the pokèsav that could be possible and the pokèmon could still look legit. Or not?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...