R/S Edit Battle Tower Records

Jollygator

Battle Tower Best Streaks can already be edited in PKHeX under misc edits. Unfortunately this change does not reflect on the trainers card.
They can also be found at 0x572 while the Total Battle Tower Wins are right in front of it at 0x570, in block 0.

@Kaphotics it would be great if you could update PKHeX to be able to change the mentioned values. 😀

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BlackShark said:

Battle Tower Best Streaks can already be edited in PKHeX under misc edits. Unfortunately this change does not reflect on the trainers card.
They can also be found at 0x572 while the Total Battle Tower Wins are right in front of it at 0x570, in block 0.

@Kaphotics it would be great if you could update PKHeX to be able to change the mentioned values. 😀

Thanks man, that’s amazing.

1 hour ago, BlackShark said:

I didn't write the Misc3 editor and I don't really wanna spend the time to figure out what all this is abstracting :P

image.png

• Thanks 1
  • Ashamed 1

3 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

I didn't write the Misc3 editor and I don't really wanna spend the time to figure out what all this is abstracting :P

image.png

Kurt please explain to me what this is... I don’t understand? Is this the Battle Tower from RS or Battle Tower from the Battle Frontier in Emersld? Or are the records for both the same? What offset is “current wins”? And what’a the flag to “continue”?

On 9/23/2019 at 8:12 PM, BlackShark said:

Where is 0x572 and 0x570? I just tried checking.

On 9/29/2019 at 12:52 AM, Jollygator said:

Where is 0x572 and 0x570? I just tried checking.

Gen 3 save files are split into a current save and a backup save (0 - 0xDFFF and 0xE000 - 0x1BFFF), which is which changes everytime you save your game. These saves are each split again into 14 blocks with 4096 (0x1000) bytes each, these blocks are not static, there offsets change. Each time you save, all the blocks get moved up by 1.

To find the correct offset now we first need to find out where our current save is. Therefore we are going to check the save counters. I compare the value at 0xFFC - 0xFFF with the one at 0xEFFC - 0xEFFF. The second one is higher in my case so the current save is between 0xE000 and 0x1BFFF.

Next we have to find the block with ID 0. This Block ID is at 0xFF4 in each block, so I would check 0xEFF4, 0xFFF4 ... 0x1BFF4 until I find ID 0. In my case I found ID 0  at 0x17FF4, so I know block 0 is a 0x17000 - 0x17FFF which means the final offset for the battle tower stats would be 0x17572 and 0x17570.

• Like 2

• 4 years later...
On 9/30/2019 at 8:14 AM, BlackShark said:

Gen 3 save files are split into a current save and a backup save (0 - 0xDFFF and 0xE000 - 0x1BFFF), which is which changes everytime you save your game. These saves are each split again into 14 blocks with 4096 (0x1000) bytes each, these blocks are not static, there offsets change. Each time you save, all the blocks get moved up by 1.

To find the correct offset now we first need to find out where our current save is. Therefore we are going to check the save counters. I compare the value at 0xFFC - 0xFFF with the one at 0xEFFC - 0xEFFF. The second one is higher in my case so the current save is between 0xE000 and 0x1BFFF.

Next we have to find the block with ID 0. This Block ID is at 0xFF4 in each block, so I would check 0xEFF4, 0xFFF4 ... 0x1BFF4 until I find ID 0. In my case I found ID 0  at 0x17FF4, so I know block 0 is a 0x17000 - 0x17FFF which means the final offset for the battle tower stats would be 0x17572 and 0x17570.

hi, sorry to bring this up again. but how can i open the save file in order to see those values? I m looking to modify the battle tower streaks aswell.