Manaphy.

Abiezer

Smogon recently moved Manaphy out of the Uber Tier and into the OU one, now what consequences do you guys think this will have?

Personally I think it'll cause pokemon with the move Taunt, much more common, to try and stop it from resting and waking up immediately, any other thoughts?

It's not _officially_ OU yet.

Posts concerning that:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2347618&postcount=137

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2350062&postcount=138

Manaphy is currently banned on the Smogon OU tier, even though the website shows it as OU. Until stage 3-3 is finished, nothing will change right now.

I'd personally think that letting Manaphy in OU will be devastating. With access to Tail Glow, it's pretty much good game when pulled off successfully. Of course, rain support IS way more difficult to achieve, but it is not necessary for Manaphy at all.

Manaphy could easily run a RestTalk set with its great 100/100/100 defenses, or simply use Rain Dance itself to stop sand and have five turns of absolute status immunity and making Rest cheap again, even if it costs a move slot.

Tail Glow + Rain Dance + Rest + Surf doesn't have very much type coverage, but if pulled off correctly, it'll clean the table before you even switched to your counter named Blissey.

• 3 weeks later...

i dont think it would be too biga deal Manaphy will have to sack a moveslot to benefit and it can be whirled out or taunted. it doesnt seem like that big a threat. The moveslot above already shows that it wouldnt have good coverage a bulky water with taunt/HP - grass or electric could hit him hard. i dont know i like manaphy and it would be cool to make a rain based team with him, though im still in the middle he seems to me that he could be in a tier between OU and Uber.

• 1 year later...

in my personal opinion i am happy cuz i need him for my rain dance team. in 5th gen tail glow is a plus 3 stage increase with 1 calm mind then a tail glow he cant be 1 hit KO and now he can sweep almost anyone. im very happy :)