Platinum: Wondercards without save?

ifyfg

Hi,
I want to set up a game cart to give to someone. It would be nice if I put on some wondercards like event pokemon, or special items to unlock event pokemon.
Is it possible to delete the old save, and add the wondercards to the save (via pkhex), and then start the new game save keeping the wondercards so that they can be redeemed later?

I know I could start the game and set up the save for the person I'm giving it to, and just add the items to the inventory (and have a few wondercards added) - but that wouldn't be as nice as starting the game from fresh, choosing your gender and name... etc
If I do this, is there any difference to adding Member's Pass/Azure Flute/etc directly to the inventory vs unlocked through the real wondercard?
(I think Gen 3 and Old Sea Map needed the event, not just the item hacked in...?)

I can backup and restore ds save files, so no problems there.

Thanks

Edited by ifyfg

57 minutes ago, ifyfg said:

I want to set up a game cart to give to someone. It would be nice if I put on some wondercards like event pokemon, or special items to unlock event pokemon.
Is it possible to delete the old save, and add the wondercards to the save (via pkhex), and then start the new game save keeping the wondercards so that they can be redeemed later?

You can delete the save in-game, (UP, Select and B at title screen), but the thing is the Mystery Gift option isn't officially unlocked until you reach Jubilife and talk to a NPC.

Though, you probably can still inject wonder cards, but only after a character gender and name is chosen, and game is saved.

1 hour ago, ifyfg said:

I know I could start the game and set up the save for the person I'm giving it to, and just add the items to the inventory (and have a few wondercards added) - but that wouldn't be as nice as starting the game from fresh, choosing your gender and name... etc

Sadly you'll have to do this. I've tried injecting a wonder card into a blank save, then start a new game, but the game wipes it.

1 hour ago, ifyfg said:

If I do this, is there any difference to adding Member's Pass/Azure Flute/etc directly to the inventory vs unlocked through the real wondercard?
(I think Gen 3 and Old Sea Map needed the event, not just the item hacked in...?)

Same for Gen 4. If I'm not mistaken, as long as it's not received from a deliveryman, the correct event flag doesn't get set.