Editing/creating a game sync ID in gen 5?

EvM5_

I'm starting a fresh White playthrough and by unlocking the online features the options for "Battle Competition" and Game Sync in the title screen have an annoying "new" sign next to them which won't go away. Thought a game sync ID would shut them up. Any tips?

Edited by EvM5_

A bit of an update: Set myself up on a WFC server and managed to remove the "new" icon from Game Sync settings. Battle Competition is another thing though, since it seems like I'll need a game sync ID to progress far enough in the process that it counts for the "new" message to disappear. So I'm back at square 1. Need a game sync ID.

9 minutes ago, EvM5_ said:

A bit of an update: Set myself up on a WFC server and managed to remove the "new" icon from Game Sync settings. Battle Competition is another thing though, since it seems like I'll need a game sync ID to progress far enough in the process that it counts for the "new" message to disappear. So I'm back at square 1. Need a game sync ID.

How about simply importing event flags from a save that has logged on before?

There's quite a bit of saves uploaded to our site.

Just now, theSLAYER said:

How about simply importing event flags from a save that has logged on before?

There's quite a bit of saves uploaded to our site.

How would I go about that? I save edit frequently but event flags and constants are something I have little knowledge in, sorry. 

Depends if its BW or B2W2, look up the page to find the location of event flags,
then copy the entire block for events from one save to another (via hex editing).

Once done, use PKHeX to fix the checksums.

Make sure you keep an unedited backup somewhere else on your computer, before you attempt any edits.

7 minutes ago, EvM5_ said:

Wouldn't that alter other event flags too? 

Yeah, that's the downside, cause you're copying all the flags. Unless there's a direct before & after save to perform comparisons, or documentation for the flags, then all that's left is to copy it all.

Alternatively, you can use PKHeX's event flag event to test them one by one.
Or maybe copy the flags batch by batch, to try to narrow down the location.

I loaded an older save where the "new" icon was still there, took a backup, then got rid of it and tried to compare them in PKHex but it says no differences were found?

Not sure if there was anything else I was supposed to do. I can upload the new/old saves here if that helps?

Screenshot (420).png

Edited by EvM5_

9 minutes ago, EvM5_ said:

I loaded an older save where the "new" icon was still there, took a backup, then got rid of it and tried to compare them in PKHex but it says no differences were found?

Not sure if there was anything else I was supposed to do. I can upload the new/old saves here if that helps?

Screenshot (420).png

Hmm, that would probably mean it's stored as a byte somewhere in the save.

What you could do, is to import block by block to find out which block it is in.

Once you find the block, all you gotta do is compare the blocks.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Found the byte in question. 0x21245. Getting an old save without the "new" prompts and checking the byte on that one, the value is FD. I don't know if that is the precise value for every occasion etc, but it's good enough for me. Anyone that knows why it's that specific value is welcome to explain haha. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, EvM5_ said:

Update: Found the byte in question. 0x21245. Getting an old save without the "new" prompts and checking the byte on that one, the value is FD. I don't know if that is the precise value for every occasion etc, but it's good enough for me. Anyone that knows why it's that specific value is welcome to explain haha. 

That's bit flags for which option is unlocked and which is marked new. If every bit is 1 you will have all the options unlocked and not marked as new. The uneven bits are for unlocking while the even bits are for the "new" mark.

7 - Relocator unlocked
6 - Relocator used
5 - Gamesync unlocked
4 - Gamesync used
3 - Battle Competition unlocked
2 - Battle Competition used
1 - unused? seems to be always 0
0 - unused? seems to be always 1

So if you set this byte to C1 you will get rid of Battle Competition and Game Sync or even set it to 01 to get rid of the Relocator as well.

Nice find, thanks. It definitely makes my games tidier without those options!

• Like 3