Help Trading R4 >> Cartridge

So yea, I sent my friend the sav file filled with a box worth of pokemon and a party of my selection. My friend then obtains a Pal Pad and a FC. He goes in the Wi-Fi room and I enter as well. For some reason, He does not show up on my screen and gets randomly DC.

Is there somthing we can do so we can sucessfully trade between an R4 and a Cartridge game?

EDIT

• I have the Official Pokemon Platinum cartridge game on a DS
  • He (Euro Guy) has an R4 with a ROM of Pokemon Platinum using a .sav I made specifically with pokemon to trade to me
  • I believe he obtained the Pal Pad through the game legitly and we both registered our FCs
  • When I entered the WiFi Room, he said he would DC and ANY action that would occur while he was in the room would make him DC
  • At one point during the trade he had a message appear saying that "Your friend didn't register your friend code blah blah"
  • He was sitting next to his router the whole time

Edited by deezenuts

Deezenuts, please have patience, this is a forum, and with a new update, and everything we have limited members already, this isn't like Gamefaqs, where every single minute, the thread will be post with idiot answers, and jokes.

I don't think that's the problem, I'm not too sure what's happening, it's possible that your R4 is fake, because i have had no trouble with the previous flash Carts i have owned, with interacting to original game cartridge. (including an R4)

HottSushiz said:
Deezenuts, please have patience, this is a forum, and with a new update, and everything we have limited members already, this isn't like Gamefaqs, where every single minute, the thread will be post with idiot answers, and jokes.

I don't think that's the problem, I'm not too sure what's happening, it's possible that your R4 is fake, because i have had no trouble with the previous flash Carts i have owned, with interacting to original game cartridge. (including an R4)

My apologies. It's just that it's almost a week trying to get this thing to work and still no luck.

To the poster above I am using this ROM
Pokemon Platinum (U)

I'm starting to think it's the connection because I get random DCs everytime I enter with my cartridge game. Is it possible to have problems if you got your Pal Pad from adding it to your inventory with pokesav instead of getting it the normal way?

I'm definitely confused as to what's going on. I've got an R4, and the only time I've had troubles trading with it is when the other person input my FC incorrectly. It sounds as if the other person didn't have any problems with the Pal Pad, since they were able to connect to wifi to get a FC with it. Do I understand correctly that you're both working off the same .sav?

Not true damio, I have a real R4, and so does my friend in Tampa and we trade through Wi-Fi all the time, no problem. He wanted my Platinum sav so I gave it to him and it was his only sav file he used and we traded with each other using the exact same sav file with no problem. I think I came down to one thing that might be causing the problem.

1. Your R4 is fake (usually fake if bought at deal extreme)

Can it be this?

Ok, Here's the situation

• I have the Official Pokemon Platinum cartridge game on a DS
  • He (Euro Guy) has an R4 with a ROM of Pokemon Platinum using a .sav I made specifically with pokemon to trade to me
  • I believe he obtained the Pal Pad through the game legitly and we both registered our FCs
  • When I entered the WiFi Room, he said he would DC and ANY action that would occur while he was in the room would make him DC
  • At one point during the trade he had a message appear saying that "Your friend didn't register your friend code blah blah"
  • He was sitting next to his router the whole time

He (Euro Guy) has an R4 with a ROM of Pokemon Platinum

Read what the others have posted.

using a .sav I made specifically with pokemon to trade to me

Is this the modified save file of yours?

message appear saying that "Your friend didn't register your friend code blah blah"

Well maybe he didn't. Triple check to see if the FCs are correct.

Okay, well I know that R4's have problems with WiFi if the ROMs are trimmed. Usually when they're trimmed, the data that gets inadvertently removed is that for WiFi capability. That's one option.

The other is something that Greencat is trying to clarify. If you custom made the .sav file for your friend: Did you do it using a .sav from the same language region Platinum version? Because although it's an English version, you need to be aware that there are different versions. There's the US, EUR and AUS releases.

Normally, I wouldn't think it would make a difference, but yeah.

Also, does the save you gave him have HIS OT set as himself with varying secret ID's? I wouldn't think it would be an issue with conflicting secret ID's, but there could be a mishap not with the connection but the information being conveyed to the WiFi.

Here's what I suggest you do:

1) Make him start a new game.

2) Get him to upload the new .sav to you.

3) You edit the .sav accordingly.

4) Resend it back to him.

5) You'll need to reregister each other's FC's because his one would have changed.

6) Try the WiFi again.

Edit: What R4 card is it EXACTLY? Because the official R4 is no longer supported by the R4 team. (and the last known version of 1.18 does not support Pokémon Platinum) Any SDHC R4 card is a clone, a fake. I've owned one myself and found that it has problems with WiFi and corrupting save files with WiFi downloads.

Edited by Cruithne

Thank you all for your support.

I recieved the sav. file from him after starting a new game on his R4.

Because of the lazy friend that he is, I went ahead and edited for him with the pokemon that I wanted.

He is using the (U) version. Pokemon Platinum (U) to be exact.

I have no idea what R4 he is using but I will find out soon.

This is why I bought an Acekard. Still supported and works with wifi.

Yah. I switched to CYCLODS myself. There's just something frustrating about trying to contact a support team who's native language isn't English. On the whole, the R4 team (the original) was good; produced regular and stable updates. Any of the subsequent teams producing these knockoff cards really don't give a damn.

R4 does support wifi though, don't get me wrong. I'm thinking it's ROM trimming problem or a firmware problem.

deezenuts: I'm using the same ROM as your friend, there's no problems when connecting to WiFi on my end. Ask him what card it is and ask him the version firmware he's using. (If it's the original R4, I imagine he's using YSMenu?) Also, if he just started the new game, you need to register his new FC (because it'll change with each new game). Also he needs to register yours. I think you are pretty aware that they need to be exactly correct on both side. The DC's I don't really have an explanation for, but any information you get from him about his card will be useful to me.