Mystic Ticket Video

UndeadxReality

1 hour ago, UndeadxReality said:

Hello, I’ve seen this video a good bit ago but it appears to be the mystic ticket distribution rom for Japanese emerald. Does anyone have a lead or explanation on this? 
-snipped-

Not this again. (I've seen this before/been asked this before somewhere.)

It's not a distribution rom. The person in the video used a hacked Mystic Ticket event.

Between Gen 3 to Gen 5, wonder cards actually have a feature, that allows you to share a wonder card with another friend via local wireless, provided the card you received from the event had sharing turned on.

However, if I'm not mistaken, this feature ended up being unused across the generations, because every wonder card distributed had the sharing feature off.

Here's what the option looks like in English, with a hacked card I made, compared to the selection on his/her screen:
image.pngimage.png

edit: Various wonder card editors implement the feature

Spoiler

Gen 3

image.png

1. Anyone can share
2. Receiver's cannot share (so original injection into game is allowed to share)
3. Never allow sharing

Gen 4
image.png

As highlighted above

Gen 5
image.png

as highlighted above

In any case, for Gen 3, we got sharable wonder cards, that would result players receiving a legal non-sharable copy, and can be found here.

Hope all of this answers your question :)

Just now, UndeadxReality said:

Oh geez I’m so sorry for not realizing but that’s different I never knew you could do that. Thank you again!! 

No worries, I don't expect people to know that, since it's a feature that was pretty much not implemented, and you wouldn't know unless you've hacked wonder cards before.

I'm just annoyed that the fella never explained it in his title nor description.
You can see all the people in the comments asking for a ROM cause they have no idea as well LOL

6 hours ago, ajxpk said:

We can only hope!

Regarding the video I received PMs about this matter before. I'm rather annoyed about how this was done... (The comments in the video are really hilarious though...)
If you want to brag about distributing a "legit" looking Mystery Gift at least do it the right way. As @theSLAYER already mentioned, there are 2 options for distributable Mystery Gifts.
With the 1st one the received Mystery Gift won't be distributable and this means it will become legal in case you edited an official event, the received data will match the original Mystery Gift.
The 2nd however will always send distributable Mystery Gifts matching the edit, which means they're just as illegal as the edit.
You can see in the video that they decided to use option #2 as the received Mystery Gift has the "おくる" option.

By the way... there is actually a chance that some Gen 3 Mystery Gifts have been officially distributed this way.
It was at least the case with German Emerald Aurora Ticket and it has been reported here. I assume it was a leftover from debug but it could be that it was actually planned as an alternate disribution method. How many of those exist, we will never know...

image.png.c328c4098de23a3f1ec5258ab77748eb.png

I had never seen any screenshots of the EU Aurora Ticket ROM before, it's not much but cool stuff!

• Like 1