PRNG question

greentea

I've been looking over the guides and talking with some people. I'm concerned about how they can tell which formula the Pokemon was generated with. From what I know, certain formulae (Wild NDS, Common GBA etc), toss out results from the PRNG. If it tosses out two or three, how do you know? The value isn't stored anywhere, it's just a garbage value. Could someone help explain this to me? I understand the coding behind it, just not how I'm supposed to apply the PRNG to get results. Like how Pokemon X is from formula Z.

Cool. I'm hoping to ultimately achieve something like in Legal.exe, where it determines the algorithm used to generate the Pokemon. Cool thing to do that doesn't seem too difficult if you know all the stuff to do (which someone knows). Just a matter of knowing what to do.

Okay, first off there's this: The Process of PID and IV Creation of Non-Bred Pokemon, by X-Act: X-Act explains the different "methods", which are basically all sequential PRNG calls, in which one call at some point is "ignored".

Some IRNG stuff is discussed here: All Generation PRNG Help / Information, by mingot: the IRNG is part of what you need to understand to get the method used to create a Pokémon.

To be honest, if you can get in touch with mingot, he's your best bet at explaining this crazy stuff.