Pokemon X Citra Save file Corrupted

ADtab00

HI! thanks for all your hard work to PKHex! but i was just wondering why I couldn't load my save file when im using PKHex on Pokemon X, whenever i try to use PKHex, edit some items and pokemon then save it it keeps on telling that the save file is corrupted, even though Iv'ed followed all the instructions like saving the file as main. and using export main option from the program then overwrite it, I tried it so many times and it just wouldn't work, I hope you guys could help me. Thanks

52 minutes ago, ADtab00 said:

HI! thanks for all your hard work to PKHex! but i was just wondering why I couldn't load my save file when im using PKHex on Pokemon X, whenever i try to use PKHex, edit some items and pokemon then save it it keeps on telling that the save file is corrupted, even though Iv'ed followed all the instructions like saving the file as main. and using export main option from the program then overwrite it, I tried it so many times and it just wouldn't work, I hope you guys could help me. Thanks

hey, show us a screenshot of the Citra folder that contains the save.

Also ensure file extensions are enabled.

here is my save file

main

Im currently using AR cheats i found on the internet right now, don't know if it affected PKhex in some ways

whenever I load my game without main, it resets the game to the beginning and creating another main file 

2 minutes ago, ADtab00 said:

here is my save file

main 405.5 kB · 0 downloads

Im currently using AR cheats i found on the internet right now, don't know if it affected PKhex in some ways

whenever I load my game without main, it resets the game to the beginning and creating another main file 

so at least we know it loads without a main, and creates one, meaning you're for sure on the right window.

Also, CITRA loaded your save. so the issue isn't with PKHeX, but with CITRA. The save isn't corrupted.
image.png

consider:
1. try loading games without cheats.
2. if that doesn't work, get the latest version of CITRA (I think the latest one doesn't support cheats, so you're probably not on the latest)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ADtab00 said:

I finally made it work, I just turned off the cheats with the edited PKhex save file and is now working! THANKS! I wonder if I turned on cheats with a PKhex save dont know if will still be corrupted

whether the save has been PKHeX'd should make no difference to CITRA, cause it'll be indistinguishable from a normal save.

Perhaps you're only supposed to turn on the cheats after the save is loaded, or maybe CITRA is storing some data about the previous save somewhere else, so when you loaded a different save, it 'notices' the difference.

In any case, issue solved, locking thread.

edit: anyway, just informing you that Pokémon doesn't run well on CITRA. It'll lock up randomly across gameplay, and there is no true solution besides playing the games on a 3DS.

• Like 1