user error: legal move marks Pokemon as illegal

shadowofdarkness

I was checking some info in a gen 6 save and noticed that I have a level 30 Luxray that came from Diamond and knows the move Crunch. This is legal as Shinx learns Crunch at level 29 in Diamond and Pearl but your check is based of a different games as every other game has it at learned at level 33 at the earliest.

25 minutes ago, shadowofdarkness said:

I was checking some info in a gen 6 save and noticed that I have a level 30 Luxray that came from Diamond and knows the move Crunch. This is legal as Shinx learns Crunch at level 29 in Diamond and Pearl but your check is based of a different games as every other game has it at learned at level 33 at the earliest.

upload said file, as I'm unable to replicate your issue
image.png
Literally Lv. 30 Luxray with Crunch from Diamond, in a Gen 6 file.

Here is the Pokemon, note that it should be fine as I have never genned a Pokemon and just use PKHeX as a read only info tool to check IVs etc. This Pokemon should of been left unused in a livedex since gen 4 so it would of been leveled up in Diamond.

In all my time Playing Pokemon only two times have I done writes using hacking software so it's easy to remember what should affect it. (One was removing a nickname on a different Pokemon and the biggest was using pk2pk to mass transfer some Pokemon into gen 5) This Pokemon was probably part of that mass transfer.

I'm using the newest PKHeX and just changing the current level to 33 marks it as legal which is why I assumed you just had the wrong games moveset.

404 - Luxio - CB3D0C826ED8.pk6

@shadowofdarkness look at it's Met Level.

image.png

When transferred using Pokémon Transfer Lab, the met level of transferred Pokémon gets updated.
Meaning this is now the level it entered Generation 5.

Meaning, the Luxio was transferred at Lv 4. This means:
1. It was transferred as a Shinx
2. Since it was transferred at Lv 4, it could not have learnt Crunch at Lv. 29 in DP (cause it was no longer in DP at 29).

PKHeX is working as intended.

1 hour ago, shadowofdarkness said:

changing the current level to 33 marks it as legal which is why I assumed you just had the wrong games moveset.

erm.. In Gen 5 and Gen 6 games, Shinx can learn Crunch at Lv. 33, of course changing that would make it legal lol.

So I'm just curious how this happened. I'm guessing it was a bug in pk2pk which I found out after that it has some in its transfer.

It just must not of updated the met level.

My fault for the one time I got frustrated Sat the time waste transferring them through the official way 6 at a time.

I just tested and changing the met level to 30 makes it legal. But I'm thinking since it was just a live dex filler I'll release it and get a new one. Rather then edit my save.

Thanks for explaining the problem.

• Like 1

• theSLAYER changed the title to user error: legal move marks Pokemon as illegal
  • theSLAYER locked this topic