Unable to Save File

GlitchMC

I downloaded pkhex last night to edit Soul Silver.
At first, I was unable to save anything because of an "Access Denied" error.  So I deleted pkhex, redownloaded, and I checked the "Unblock" box on the file's properties before extracting again. Then it worked, and I was able to save my changes.

However, today I tried to make some more changes, and I was again greeted with the "Access Denied" message

1956564324_2019-08-1220_49_45-SaveAs.png.6310c4715e3cdd06f573b77cf2805c10.png637769367_2019-08-1220_50_11-READBEFOREPOSTING-PKHeX-ProjectPokemonForums.png.85f5d68a22784dde1b0eee2bead32c72.png

I tried to save to the desktop rather than the extracted folder, but instead I got an error that the file didn't exist.

829375097_2019-08-1220_50_49-SaveAs.png.44aaf9a105e0983ccfdc01d681c1f6f7.png

I tried again to delete, Unblock, and open the file, and I still couldn't save. I ran the executable as an administrator and still encountered the same issues.

Is there another action that I can take to try to fix this?

Oh you know what, yeah that's 
that's probably it

i had to disable it temporarily to download RNGreporter, and it did say that it would automatically turn itself back on after a time

so it probably turned itself back on.
i'll do that

I added the executable, the .dll and the containing directory to my exclusions, but it still wasn't able to write files.

Turning off my virus protection let it save though, so i guess for now i'll just have to turn that off whenever i want to use pkhex

thanks for the help!

18 minutes ago, GlitchMC said:

I added the executable, the .dll and the containing directory to my exclusions, but it still wasn't able to write files.

Turning off my virus protection let it save though, so i guess for now i'll just have to turn that off whenever i want to use pkhex

thanks for the help!

that's kinda odd. Maybe you antivirus is really reactive. Maybe tell us the software you're using, and someone using the same software may be able to come along and give you advice