Can't edit Let's go

Haillynka

So Let's go is my first pokemon game I've played, I downloaded PKHex and tried to add Oddish to my box since I can't get him with Eevee version. No matter what I do, I always get the "Your data is corrupted. Please delete the saved data from your system." screen even though it says the pokemon is legal. Any solutions please? It's the first time im using the program so it's pretty probable I've missed something.

Edited by Haillynka

@Haillynka hey there's a few things that would be worth checking, when you retry the modifications on a unedited save

1. Make sure you using the latest PKHeX (Try this copy: PKHeX (190705)(3).zip )
2. Make sure that when you're using it, it's extracted out of the zip.
3. Make sure that the save file you're trying to import is named savedata.bin and it's the only file in that folder.

If you're still having issues:
1. Take a screenshot of files inside the folder you're trying to import the save from. (put the image in a spoiler)
2. send over your save for us to take a look

• 1 year later...
Just now, KingCoby said:

Woah that happens after i restore it think because when i backup it its just fine

I don't know what you're doing, but that file *isn't a save*.

Of course restoring it will cause corruptions; you weren't restoring a save file.

How are you editing the properly backed up save file?

lol I'm not even editing it I just get to a save point in lets go, save there, backup in jksv. transfer to my laptop put it into pkhex don't touch it in pkhex at all then transfer back to my switch restore the file which seems to be the root of my problem and then load back into lets go and its corrupted

So basically nothings corrupted until I restore

Edited by KingCoby

8 minutes ago, KingCoby said:

yep i literally downloaded it today and also let me painfully go threw another Intro :(

in the future, don't edit the backup, but rather edit a copy of the backup (basically make a copy of the backup folder).
this way, your backup stays in unedited (and uncorrupted), and you can restore the the working backup, in case an edited copy is corrupted.

Also I've not heard JKSV messing up with restores. Perhaps try an older copy. I can't recall which version I'm working, but it definitely works for me. (I think I'm on an older version)

• 8 months later...
On 8/5/2019 at 12:35 PM, Haillynka said:

So Let's go is my first pokemon game I've played, I downloaded PKHex and tried to add Oddish to my box since I can't get him with Eevee version. No matter what I do, I always get the "Your data is corrupted. Please delete the saved data from your system." screen even though it says the pokemon is legal. Any solutions please? It's the first time im using the program so it's pretty probable I've missed something.

Hi guys! I'm new here. I am with the same problem, I tried to put, edit, ... someone help me please :/