Need some help trying to convert a 64 kb no$gba sav file into a 128 kb sav/raw

Kipperdoodad

Hiya. I'm trying to get this 64 kb no$gba Fire Red sav file converted into a sav compatible with native gba hardware. Anytime I've tried injecting the save with GBA Backup Tool, an error occurs that basically says the file size (64 kb) is too small. I don't know how to make this 64 kb file into 128 kb.

I'm trying to get this sav file to work with my GBA so I can transfer the Pokemon up to current Gen (hopefully some of them can get to Galar). I'm not sure if it's actually possible, but I'd appreciate any solution. Doing it for a buddy, thanks in advance.

Pokemon_-_Fire_Red_Version_U_V1.1.sav

12 minutes ago, Kipperdoodad said:

Hiya. I'm trying to get this 64 kb no$gba Fire Red sav file converted into a sav compatible with native gba hardware. Anytime I've tried injecting the save with GBA Backup Tool, an error occurs that basically says the file size (64 kb) is too small. I don't know how to make this 64 kb file into 128 kb.

I'm trying to get this sav file to work with my GBA so I can transfer the Pokemon up to current Gen (hopefully some of them can get to Galar). I'm not sure if it's actually possible, but I'd appreciate any solution. Doing it for a buddy, thanks in advance.

Pokemon_-_Fire_Red_Version_U_V1.1.sav 64 kB · 0 downloads

Your save does not contain valid data. Even when converted, will not be usable:
(See below: the amount of FF means it doesn't store usable data)

image.png

You/your buddy probably didn't save right or didn't extract right. Are you saving in game?
(as in press START to launch menu in-game, then hitting Save)

edit:
1. Take a snapshot of the present gameplay in the game
2. Make a copy of your no$gba folder (including sub-directories with saves) then proceed to try to use this .ini file found below.
3. The game may load without a save, at this point load the snapshot taken previously.
4. Save the game in-game.