Shiny Rate 100% (for non-shiny locked) via code.bin editing

27 minutes ago, fart said:

which part of the tutorial helps me see the percent values?

As I've said before, this guide only works with 100%, and can't help with any other percentage.

Is there any other problem you're having with the guide?

• 7 months later...

My only question is that every time I try to run the 'extract exefs' batch file, nothing happens and I do not get the exefs folder or bin files that are inside of it. I think it's just because maybe some stuff is outdated but I can't find anything else to help me.. everything else is working fine though, just can't get the 'extract exefs' to work and I also really don't know what to do with the 'ctrtool' application lol. Maybe that is also an issue. Thank you for your time.

If I’m not mistaken GodMode9 should allow you to decompress ExeFS by allowing you to enter it like a folder, then copy paste the code.bin

you could give that a try in the mean time. I’ll take a look in my free time when I get around to it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FireBirdeez said:

I'm going to be honest, I don't really know what that means hahaha. I'm sorry, but I appreciate your help. Take as much time as you need. I know nothing about any of this homebrew stuff and it's my first time!

Step 3f of Extracting ExeFS.

instead of copying the bin, go into the folder that is 2 entries above it.

Okay, so I'm supposed to enter the ExeFS directory 2 above the ExeFSbin. Then what? 

Do I copy the '.code' and put that into HxD? Or am I supposed to do something else. I'm sorry this is so difficult.

Okay so this is what I see. I put the '.code' into the HxD program. So I replace the nearest A0 with EA?xAzseqT.png

37 minutes ago, FireBirdeez said:

Okay, so I'm supposed to enter the ExeFS directory 2 above the ExeFSbin. Then what? 

Do I copy the '.code' and put that into HxD? Or am I supposed to do something else. I'm sorry this is so difficult.

Okay so this is what I see. I put the '.code' into the HxD program. So I replace the nearest A0 with EA?xAzseqT.png

Not A0, 0A. Refer to the original picture of mine, should only be 2 spaces behind. 
Hmm, does the values to search exist again in the hex?

Hmmm. There are 0As in multiple places but I think they're all pretty far from the string highlighted. Let me detail what I did. I went into gm9. Then I went the section in step 3f. From there I went to the ExeFs directory and copied the '.code' from it and pasted it into my general SD card settings where everything else is stored. I then put the file into HxD and this is now what you see. Did I do a step previously wrong?

Captur2.PNG

Edited by FireBirdeez

4 hours ago, FireBirdeez said:

Hmmm. There are 0As in multiple places but I think they're all pretty far from the string highlighted. Let me detail what I did. I went into gm9. Then I went the section in step 3f. From there I went to the ExeFs directory and copied the '.code' from it and pasted it into my general SD card settings where everything else is stored. I then put the file into HxD and this is now what you see. Did I do a step previously wrong?

Captur2.PNG

Maybe it’s not decompressed, hence why it’s not showing the 0A properly

18 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Maybe it’s not decompressed, hence why it’s not showing the 0A properly

Ahh okay. Can you please explain to me how to decompress it? The programs you have given me like the batch file don't work for me.. are there any alternatives? Also, not blaming you for the files not working!!!

Edited by FireBirdeez

• 4 months later...

sigh i did everything right but i had to improvise.

wine ctrtool.exe -t exefs --exefsdir=exefs exefs.bin --decompresscode Did Not Work, Threw: [tc::cli::OptionParser ERROR] Option parameter was provided without an option.

So Instead I Did wine ctrtool.exe -t exefs --exefsdir=exefs --decompresscode exefs.bin Which Did Work. It Successfully Decompiled But I Have A Different Issue Now.

EDIT:
If Your Wondering Why I Didn't Use The Batch File Ill Read The Error: 0009:err:module:__wine_process_init L"C:\\windows\\system32\\extract.exe" not found(yes i tried adding a official extract.exe but no luck) So I Just Used The Program Directly.

Anytime I Try Running The Code.Bin(edited version with 0A --> EA) It Crashes On Game Boot Up. I Don't Think I Did Anything Wrong So Why Is It Crashing? Does It Have To Do With It Being A Game Cart? I Don't Know But Its Annoying For The Amount Of Time I Put Into Getting That Modified Code File.

Edit 2: I Updated The Correct File This Time XD (the update file) It Now Works x) Sorry For Being An Idiot And Not Reading Properly. But Can I Ask A Question If I May? Why Does The Game Crash If The Update File Is Installed And You Attempt To Modify The Game? Does It Have To Do With Conflicting Code?

Edited by Zeninari

• 2 weeks later...

Really appreciate for this nice tutorial, just one add up that, I looked up the helper info for ctrtool, for mac arm64 version, the command should be, which put all options before the file name. Thanks!

./ctrtool -t exefs --exefsdir=exefs --decompresscode exefs.bin

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Hello, I'm trying to do this and I got to the step with the exefs, CTRtool, extract exefs, and makerom all in the ctrtools folder and no matter what I've tried I cannot decompress the file the way shown in the tutorial. I tried dumping the game off my 3ds and using packhacks to extract the code.bin that way and searched for that series of digits and couldn't find it anywhere I tried on two games and unsuccessful on both. Any help would be greatly appreciated 👍

4 hours ago, Jmscheuer said:

Hello, I'm trying to do this and I got to the step with the exefs, CTRtool, extract exefs, and makerom all in the ctrtools folder and no matter what I've tried I cannot decompress the file the way shown in the tutorial. I tried dumping the game off my 3ds and using packhacks to extract the code.bin that way and searched for that series of digits and couldn't find it anywhere I tried on two games and unsuccessful on both. Any help would be greatly appreciated 👍

Yeah there were times I randomly had issues with packhacks a while back, and I have no idea why. As much as it is a great combination of tools, don't use packhacks for this tutorial.

Only grab CTRtool from the link I've provided.
Only dump your game files from your 3DS and grab exeFS from there (I'm under the impression you're trying that with packhacks, else why would you need it?).
Also, make sure you decompress the bin before searching for the values

On 7/28/2022 at 9:13 PM, Zeninari said:

Why Does The Game Crash If The Update File Is Installed And You Attempt To Modify The Game? Does It Have To Do With Conflicting Code?

Because the game uses the code.bin to do stuff. and LayeredFS forces the code.bin you placed to load first.
So let's say the game has v1.4 game files, and other v1.4 instructions to run, but you force it to run a v1.0 code.bin,  naturally stuff is only going to partially loaded incorrectly, the game won't have all resources loaded correctly, and won't be able to function. Thus crash.

Pretty much why I specified if you have a game update, gotta use the game update's code.bin..

I experienced the crash firsthand myself, had to guess why it was even happening ><

15 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Yeah there were times I randomly had issues with packhacks a while back, and I have no idea why. As much as it is a great combination of tools, don't use packhacks for this tutorial.

Only grab CTRtool from the link I've provided.
Only dump your game files from your 3DS and grab exeFS from there (I'm under the impression you're trying that with packhacks, else why would you need it?).
Also, make sure you decompress the bin before searching for the values

Because the game uses the code.bin to do stuff. and LayeredFS forces the code.bin you placed to load first.
So let's say the game has v1.4 game files, and other v1.4 instructions to run, but you force it to run a v1.0 code.bin,  naturally stuff is only going to partially loaded incorrectly, the game won't have all resources loaded correctly, and won't be able to function. Thus crash.

Pretty much why I specified if you have a game update, gotta use the game update's code.bin..

I experienced the crash firsthand myself, had to guess why it was even happening ><

So I did that I followed the guide exactly. I if try to decompress the file nothing works if I run cmd prompt and try to run it I get any number of errors and If I run the extract exefs batch file you provided, it appears for half a second then dissapears and I'm not sure what make ROM does but I can't get that to work either ill tag my pics maybe you have insight to what Im doing wrong

1675558270966962026990004395488.jpg

16755583799683153811108053484244.jpg

16755583907608414200565238558185.jpg

3 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

@Jmscheuer I believe CTRtool changed it's structure between when I posted the tutorial and now.

Maybe give this bat a try. Same instructions as the tutorial but try this bat instead. Let me know how it goes.

extract exefs 05-02-23 test.bat 60 B · 2 downloads

So I just downloaded the file and added it to the ctrtools folder. When I click run as administrator or I try to open the exefs file with the batch file a screen opens for a second then dissapears. Does PP support videos if I took one? 

1 hour ago, Jmscheuer said:

So I just downloaded the file and added it to the ctrtools folder. When I click run as administrator or I try to open the exefs file with the batch file a screen opens for a second then dissapears. Does PP support videos if I took one? 

I've seen that happen before. No videos necessary.
Grant administrator access to the files.

To confirm, you're double clicking on the bat, and nothing happens?
And no new folders nor files appear?

If it still doesn't work, do the same things with this file:
extract exefs 05-02-23 test 2.bat

At this point I'm just throwing random bats at the problem.

2 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I've seen that happen before. No videos necessary.

Right click > Properties on the .bat, and unblock.
Just to be sure, you're dragging the exeFS onto the .bat file, right?

And no new folders nor files appear?

Yep I had it unblocked and no new folders appear :(. I re dumped my file off my 3ds in the off chance I had a corrupted or bad file and no dice with either 

9 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

sorry I made an edit to that post, do check it out

It's the same thing but the screen showed up for a second longer than usual. It was the command prompt with the pathway but it quickly disappeared completely unfortunately it goes away too quickly to get a picture 

11 minutes ago, Jmscheuer said:

Is this good? 

Screenshot 2023-02-04 223940.png

okay let's try to do this manually then.

Go to your Windows > Run > CMD > Right click on Program, run as administrator.

Then cd <your current directory>
You should notice the command line change to the current folder

If you type ctrtool and hit enter, you should get the entire spiel of "not enough arguments" as seen earlier.
Lemme know when you reach there

5 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

okay let's try to do this manually then.

Go to your Windows > Run > CMD > Right click on Program, run as administrator.

Then cd <your current directory>
You should notice the command line change to the current folder

If you type ctrtool and hit enter, you should get the entire spiel of "not enough arguments" as seen earlier.
Lemme know when you reach there

I typed CD and got this 

16755806495129164904903531501384.jpg