Butterfree Nightmare PKHeX

Ragolay

Hi everyone!

Why PKHeX doesn't let me learn Nightmare to Butterfree? 

Thanks for your time!

PD: is my first topic in ProjectPokémon, I registered yesterday, and I started to use PKHeX yesterday too. Sorry if I don't understand something, please, patience :)

PD2: obviously I prefer answers in Spanish but doesn't matter :) 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7a31e5abec20998ec3438356036a4abd.png

@Ragolay what is the origin game shown on your Butterfree? (See the arrow in the image below)
image.png

I'm assuming the origin game is either a Gen 6 or Gen 7 game, due to your Butterfree having relearn moves.

Butterfree only learns Nightmare in Gen II or Gen III. Hence why PKHeX says it cannot know Nightmare, because origin game is wrong.

Also our site communicates via English. I'll try to keep my answers simple, so that it works with translator programs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

@Ragolay what origin game does your Butterfree have?

I'm assuming it's either Gen 6 or Gen 7 game, since your Butterfree has relearn moves.

image.png

If your Butterfree origin game isn't a Gen II or Gen III game, it cannot know Nightmare.

Hi, theSLAYER. Thanks for answer :) 

I'm making all dex Pokémon, one by one, with the same procedence: as egg, in Ultrasun, Akala Outskirts, etc. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e7074c43c685555148b8f13a84cb19ac.png

If I choose Nightmare as relearn move, doesn't let me. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5cb9fc926a06d1843fe48f5b6e0dea7a.png

What I must choose for make it legal?

Like I said, it can only be learned in a Gen II or Gen III game. So making it a relearn move will still make it illegal.

If you're new to PKHeX, I recommend setting the origin game to Gold, Silver or Crystal, as it is less complicated.
After that, just solve the legality flags that will show up. Do some trial and error, so that you familiarize yourself with PKHeX.

• Like 1

I choose Gold/Silver/Crystal/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Colosseum/XD/LeafGreen/FireRed and in all options, PKHeX alert me that it's an invalid move.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2f7d1efd9b44f6c9957a25f8f49219a7.png

By the way, I don't understand the second and third alert 😅

51 minutes ago, Ragolay said:

By the way, I don't understand the second and third alert 😅

There's a reason why I said don't use Gen 3. Gen 3 Pokémon PID-IVs-Nature values are connected, so you cannot just change one and ignore the rest.
Since you're new to PKHeX, I'm guessing you don't know how to correct it.
[We have a guide here, but it might be too advanced for you presently, hence why I recommended against it.]

Okay. Advice I can give you: do not create a Pokémon from scratch. It is easier to modify something that exist.
Use Pokémon files originating from the correct generation.

Here's a mini-guide for your situation.

1. Download a Gen 2 save from here.
2. Open the Gen 2 save, and drag the Butterfree icon onto your Desktop. (It should be a .pk2 file)
3. Now open your Gen 7 save, and drag the Butterfree .pk2 into the save.

Now you have a Gen 2 Butterfree in your Gen 7 save. All you have to do is change the Trainer Name, Trainer ID, Moves.

51 minutes ago, Ragolay said:

I choose Gold/Silver/Crystal/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Colosseum/XD/LeafGreen/FireRed and in all options, PKHeX alert me that it's an invalid move.

It's definitely possible, using the steps I've described above. Image below shows a Butterfree from Gen 2 that I just edited.
If you're not getting it, it'll be because you're doing something wrong. :/

image.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

There's a reason why I said don't use Gen 3. Gen 3 Pokémon PID-IVs-Nature values are connected, so you cannot just change one and ignore the rest.
Since you're new to PKHeX, I'm guessing you don't know how to correct it.
[We have a guide here, but it might be too advanced for you presently, hence why I recommended against it.]

Okay. Advice I can give you: do not create a Pokémon from scratch. It is easier to modify something that exist.
Use Pokémon files originating from the correct generation.

Here's a mini-guide for your situation.

1. Download a Gen 2 save from here.
2. Open the Gen 2 save, and drag the Butterfree icon onto your Desktop. (It should be a .pk2 file)
3. Now open your Gen 7 save, and drag the Butterfree .pk2 into the save.

Now you have a Gen 2 Butterfree in your Gen 7 save. All you have to do is change the Trainer Name, Trainer ID, Moves.

It's definitely possible, using the steps I've described above. Image below shows a Butterfree from Gen 2 that I just edited.
If you're not getting it, it'll be because you're doing something wrong. :/

image.png

You're THE BEST

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.8247404a65f48602e2cc8e10c6fccbf0.png

Thank you very much 💙 Was very easy, 20 seconds :D 

PD: I don't know how learn Surf to Raichu. I must open another different topic? I don't want disturb the normal order of ProjectPokémon 😅

8 hours ago, Ragolay said:

You're THE BEST

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.8247404a65f48602e2cc8e10c6fccbf0.png

Thank you very much 💙 Was very easy, 20 seconds :D 

PD: I don't know how learn Surf to Raichu. I must open another different topic? I don't want disturb the normal order of ProjectPokémon 😅

Off the top of my head, there’s a Gen 6 event (here) or Gen 7 event (here) with Surf as one of the moves.
Drag the wonder card directly into your box, change the origin game and region to match event details.

Besides those 2, there's also an in-game Pikachu that can be received in USUM (here).
For this, you can change OT, TID, SID to yours. Region can simply follow your game.

Note: PKHeX doesn’t flag it if the region details is wrong, make sure double check which region 3DS can receive the event. The file and region info would be listed on our Downloads > Event Gallery.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Off the top of my head, there’s a Gen 6 event (here) or Gen 7 event (here) with Surf as one of the moves.
Drag the wonder card directly into your box, change the origin game and region to match event details.

Besides those 2, there's also an in-game Pikachu that can be received in USUM (here).

For this, you can change OT, TID, SID to yours. Region can simply follow your game.

Note: PKHeX doesn’t flag it if the region details is wrong, make sure double check which region 3DS can receive the event. The file and region info would be listed on our Downloads > Event Gallery.

I used the USUM Pikachu.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5e8e564bea20b0beeb1291b3077de930.png

I choose my 3DS region and subregion; I choose my language, etc... I did it right? (I didn't understand very well what you said about the region before, sorry)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9511edb2318a10125467981cdc6e81b1.png

I saw the Event Gallery and the Github but it's hard to me to understand it, I'm new and I'm trying :)

I learned how to download the USUM Pikachu link thanks to your link (was very easy), but I don't know how to download others events (p.e.: the Oddish with Leech Seed from Pokémon Center Tokyo 2003, or the Voltorb with Agility from Pokémon Center NY 2001).

I suppose that those littles questions and doubts are a bit annoying for you (sorry for that). Is there a guide or something for learn how to handle the events?

Thanks for all, really.

Okay I learned how to search some events like the Oddish with Leech Seed that I mentioned before

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7b69d010fd4dd816e4a9f80ad67d80be.png

Step by step, thanks friend :)

I suppose that so many events like the Voltorb with Agility are missing, right?

image.png
Your screenshots are rather big in screen size. Next time, when you want to post images, put them in a spoiler.

Also, if you have any other question, and no one has replied you yet, simply edit the new question into your latest unanswered post. (basically, don't multipost :) )
image.png

49 minutes ago, Ragolay said:

I choose my 3DS region and subregion; I choose my language, etc... I did it right? (I didn't understand very well what you said about the region before, sorry) 

I can't read Spanish, nor do I know the Spanish translation of various country names. Well, if those 3 boxes there are the same as your regular Pokémon, then it's correct.
This is probably something you should know best, and I won't be much help in that regard.

49 minutes ago, Ragolay said:

I suppose that so many events like the Voltorb with Agility are missing, right?

Before I go about answering your question, I need to clarify this point: the only events for Virtual Console Generations 1 & 2 that were released, is Mew.

(what I mean by Classic and Virtual Console)
image.png

Do not use any Classic events from Gen 1 & 2, such as PCNY, if you intend to have them in SM/USUM.

I'm bringing this up, because your intention is likely to have the mon in USUM, and I need you remind you that Gen 1& 2 cart cannot transfer up to Gen 3 and onwards.
The Classic events were only for cartridge versions of Gen 1 & 2, and those Pokémon cannot be transferred to Virtual Console Gen 1 & 2, nor can they be transferred to Gen 3 and onwards.

Agility Voltorb is a Classic event, so even if we uploaded it, you shouldn't use it for the reason stated above.

Going back to whats missing: I'll say beyond missing entries between Gen 1 to 3, we should have every other event.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Your screenshots are rather big in screen size. Next time, when you want to post images, put them in a spoiler.
image.png

Also, if you have any other question, and no one has replied you yet, simply edit the new question into your latest unanswered post. (basically, don't multipost :) )

I can't read Spanish, or country names in Spanish. Well, if those 3 boxes there are the same as your regular Pokémon, then it's correct.

Before I go about answering your question, I need to clarify this point: the only events for Virtual Console Generations 1 & 2 that were released, is Mew.

Do not use any Classic events from Gen 1 & 2, such as PCNY, if you intend to have them in SM/USUM.

I'm bringing this up, because your intention is likely to have the mon in USUM, and I need you remind you that Gen 1& 2 cart cannot transfer up to Gen 3 and onwards.
 The Classic events were only for cartridge versions of Gen 1 & 2, and those Pokémon cannot be transferred to Virtual Console Gen 1 & 2, nor can they be transferred to Gen 3 and onwards.

Going back to whats missing: I'll say beyond missing entries between Gen 1 to 3, we should have every other event.

Thank you very much for all the tips. I'll learn with time :)

Now that I think about it, you are right, it is completely illogical to look for 1 & 2 Gen events for USUM, if there is no retrocompatibility. I thought that by being legal in the cartridges, they would be legal in VC, and, therefore, in USUM when transferring them 🤦🏽‍♂️

I have some more questions, although I think they are very insignificant and I feel that I am abusing your kindness. If you think I should put it in another topic, either for not "messing" over this topic, or to help another who reads it, please tell me. I will make them simple:

- PID: I downloaded the Oddish Leech Seed 2003. The .rar contains a lot of different Oddish in gender and nature. If I want a specific gender/nature (female; modest) and it does not exist, what do I do? If I change the gender, the PID is invalid. If I change the nature, the PID is invalid too. 

- Raichu Alola /=/ Raichu: I obtained the Raichu with Surf that I posted before. Okay, but...now that I think about it...is not it supposed to be an Alolan Raichu? Because if you give a Thunderstone to that Pikachu in USUM...evolves to Alolan Raichu, or not? 🤔

- OT Mew: I want a Mew with my OT.  My question is: it's possible to make a Mew with my "large" OT? I mean, I can make a legal Faraway Island Mew from japanese Emerald with my OT, but I only can put 5 characters, and I want to put 7 characters.

By the way, in Emerald, I obtained the Old Sea Map through the Pomeg Berry glitch with my EO in Spanish version, and I have a Mew with my own OT [Ragolay] and a Poké Ball (I transfered it to Platinum with no problem). But I suppose that it's impossible to transfer this Mew to 3DS.

Thanks for your patience. If you want that I gonna make this questions in other new topics, please, tell me and I will do :) 

3 minutes ago, Ragolay said:

- PID: I downloaded the Oddish Leech Seed 2003. The .rar contains a lot of different Oddish in gender and nature. If I want a specific gender/nature (female; modest) and it does not exist, what do I do? If I change the gender, the PID is invalid. If I change the nature, the PID is invalid too. 

Don't mess with Gen 3 PID/Nature/IVs, as the algorithm to generate them is different from standard GBA algorithms.

Even if you have a grasp of standard methods, just don't.

- Raichu Alola /=/ Raichu: I obtained the Raichu with Surf that I posted before. Okay, but...now that I think about it...is not it supposed to be an Alolan Raichu? Because if you give a Thunderstone to that Pikachu in USUM...evolves to Alolan Raichu, or not? 🤔

In USUM, Pokémon evolve to their standard non-alolan variant when evolved in Ultra Space.

- OT Mew: I want a Mew with my OT.  My question is: it's possible to make a Mew with my "large" OT? I mean, I can make a legal Faraway Island Mew from japanese Emerald with my OT, but I only can put 5 characters, and I want to put 7 characters.

Japanese Character limit isn't the same as International Character limits. You can read that up on bulbapedia.

By the way, in Emerald, I obtained the Old Sea Map through the Pomeg Berry glitch with my EO in Spanish version, and I have a Mew with my own OT [Ragolay] and a Poké Ball (I transfered it to Platinum with no problem). But I suppose that it's impossible to transfer this Mew to 3DS.

Regardless of whether it's possible, it is illegal.

• Like 1

Okay, thanks a lot for all your answers :D 

22 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Japanese Character limit isn't the same as International Character limits. You can read that up on bulbapedia.

So, the only posibility to have a Mew with my OT is from japanese Emerald? Doesn't exist other event, other Gen or whatever?

1 minute ago, Ragolay said:

Okay, thanks a lot for all your answers :D 

So, the only posibility to have a Mew with my OT is from japanese Emerald? Doesn't exist other event, other Gen or whatever? 

You'll have to use a shortened version of your OT.

Every other gen's event Mew has a fixed OT, and Old Sea Map Mew is only legal from Japanese Emerald.
Also, if I'm not mistaken, Japanese Legal OT length is 5 characters.

Just now, theSLAYER said:

You'll have to use a shortened version of your OT.

Every other gen's event Mew has a fixed OT, and Old Sea Map Mew is only legal from Japanese Emerald.
Also, if I'm not mistaken, Japanese Legal OT length is 5 characters.

Yep, the length is 5 characters, I use "Nacho" for that Mew or the Leech Seed Oddish, haha.

Really, thanks for all. The tips of the forum, the tips of PKHeX...thank you very much. I hope to learn fast, ask fewer questions and enjoy PKHeX to the fullest.

Regards :D 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
7 hours ago, redboy50 said:

whoever created pkhex needs to fix Butterfree giga drain illegal flag it says its from xy and it can be transferred to learn that move

theres a lot that needs fixing

can you upload the pk8?

image.png
My G-max Butterfree has Giga Drain, and it's not flagged illegal.

Perhaps there's something wrong with your copy.