Site Feature suggestion and Feedback thread

SCV

Hello all. We have decided that a re-programming of the main site. This should make it more powerful/flexible/dynamic.

It should be possible to add many "features" that enchance user experience. In that spirit we open this thread to hear some of your suggestions. What sort of things would you like to do on the main site besides read information?

Edited by SCV

• 2 weeks later...

Hm. Dunno how plausible or useful this would be, but how about each person has their own user account "Pokédex" to keep track of what Pokémon they own (basically a list of all Pokémon species, each with a checkbox for "own it"). That might make it easier to facilitate trades between people; instead of posting a list of Pokémon one needs, they could link to their profile.

Perhaps each Pokémon could be rated a priority level, too.

Hm. Dunno how plausible or useful this would be, but how about each person has their own user account "Pokédex" to keep track of what Pokémon they own (basically a list of all Pokémon species, each with a checkbox for "own it"). That might make it easier to facilitate trades between people; instead of posting a list of Pokémon one needs, they could link to their profile.

Perhaps each Pokémon could be rated a priority level, too.

Good suggestion and best of all sounds doable. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hey, here's another crazy idea: how about a mobile version of the main site, or at least a mobile optimized version of the Pokédex and Imagedex? Would be nice to have constant wireless access to that information.

Also, not sure about how this works, but Google's mobile application has a feature where you speak into the mobile device, and the Google cloud converts your spoken words into searchable text. How awesome would it be to do a spoken search for Pokémon data? I guess to make this happen the site's 'Dex data would have to be searchable by Google... I'm not sure if that's something you enable on your end or if the site has to get enough hits to be "relevant" or what.

Hey, here's another crazy idea: how about a mobile version of the main site, or at least a mobile optimized version of the Pokédex and Imagedex? Would be nice to have constant wireless access to that information.

There was one, designed by Greencat. My guess is it got lost in the transfer between old and new vbulletin software.

There was one, designed by Greencat. My guess is it got lost in the transfer between old and new vbulletin software.

We got a replacement for the forums. But he was talking about the main site.

Codemonkey85: We can talk about that later. As I type I am making the system to have various styles on the site. So having a mobile style will definitely be possible. We will release the first part of the new site with two styles.

Well I, in my opinion, think that the mobile version of the forums should be updated to show who made the last post on something because with the current one, you only see if a new post has been made. And can you also add icons to the side like the old moble version? That would be very nice. I know I probably sholdnt post this here but I was readingabout forum schemes so this came to mind. :)

Well I, in my opinion, think that the mobile version of the forums should be updated to show who made the last post on something because with the current one, you only see if a new post has been made. And can you also add icons to the side like the old moble version? That would be very nice. I know I probably sholdnt post this here but I was readingabout forum schemes so this came to mind. :)
What's going on with the width of some (but not all) posts?

If this is intentional, I've gotta say it's a very poor choice and should be reverted.

If not, please fix asap! =)

EDIT: Screenshot on the off chance you have no idea wtf I'm talking about.

Yeah, you both should have gone to forum feedback :P

Anyways, I did something that fixes it for me. Someone at vB decided to be an idiot and thought it was fun to post empty ads in the first and last posts of each thread. Hopefully that was all the cases. If not let me know.

Here's another idea: regarding the release dates and event dates on the right-hand sidebar of the main page? How about an iCal file or other such calendar feed? It would be so awesome if one could subscribe to a calendar of Pokémon related dates with their application or platform of choice (like Google Calendar).

For my part, I would setup E-Mail and popup reminders for local wireless and wi-fi events, so as to get reminders on my phone, etc. You could even add in a blurb in the event notes like "Brought to you by Project Pokémon" or something.

Not really a suggestion but more feedback on the mainsite: red looks great but I like blue more.. Problem is that the blue theme doesn't work for me. Is that also happening to others or..?

Here's another idea: regarding the release dates and event dates on the right-hand sidebar of the main page? How about an iCal file or other such calendar feed? It would be so awesome if one could subscribe to a calendar of Pokémon related dates with their application or platform of choice (like Google Calendar).

For my part, I would setup E-Mail and popup reminders for local wireless and wi-fi events, so as to get reminders on my phone, etc. You could even add in a blurb in the event notes like "Brought to you by Project Pokémon" or something.

This is a great idea. I would subscribe for sure for a system like that.

Not really a suggestion but more feedback on the mainsite: red looks great but I like blue more.. Problem is that the blue theme doesn't work for me. Is that also happening to others or..?

Try it again. There was a small but that made it not work perfectly for some people. Not sure if you noticed but when you posted your comment it said by - and the date. I fixed it now, so it should work. If it doesn't let me know.

hmm I got a small idea for the site just a suggestion though, How about putting all the downloads on 1 page like ie downloads page you have a choice to download Pokesav, PPRE, PPSE PPSE-DS etc might be easier for people to find what they are looking for so not much of a thing to consider

As far as the calendar itself and maintenance of the events go, it's actually dead simple... you manage everything from your Google account. You could even share the calendar and allow other people (i.e. the other admins) to view and edit the events and stuff.

As for implementing it in the site, there are some details in the settings page and on the help pages at Google, but I'm not sure if specific instructions for what you must do on your end exist.

Edited by codemonkey85

Hmm... I know you're updating a lot of things right now, but when you change the style on the front page to blue, there's no way to change it back to red. I like the new one, but I checked the differences, and now I can't go back :(

Just to let you know ;)

Grtzz!!