Is there any way to edit Battle Subway wins in Pokemon Black?

The title says it all. I don't want to do Super Double or Multi since they take a long time.

Is there any way to edit the wins?

-merged 1-
((Bump x3))

-merged 2-
Anyone know anything that might help without actually wasting 3-4 hours?

Since no body has responded to this thread yet I can only assume that what you are requesting has not been researched before.  However, these are the steps you can take to find the data yourself.

1) Backup your save in front of the attendant for the Battle Line that you want the win streak for.

2) Do one round on that battle line so that you get your BP and have a win streak of 7.

3) Make another save backup in front of the attendant that you saved in front of for the first save.

4) I recommend editing the play time and the BP total of the second save in PKHeX so that it matches the the play time and BP of the first save.  This way there will be less differences between the two saves.

5) Make a copy of the second save so that you can make edits without permanently messing up the save.

6) In a hex editor (I recommend HxD) compare the first save to the third save.  If you started at a streak of 0 you'll mostly likely be looking for an offset who's value changed from 00 in the first save to 07 in the third save.

7) On the third save change the value to 2A and save the change.

8 ) Load the third save into PKHeX and save it again with PKHeX in order to ensure the checksum is correct.

9) Load the save up in your game and check the streak for that battle line and it should now be at 42.

10) If the save is corrupt or the change didn't happen go back to step 5 and try a different offset.

Note - Make backups of everything so that you don't mess up your good save and if you do mess up you have a restore point.  This part is super important!!

• Like 1

@lolcatzidk there isn't any real need to bump the thread.

If anyone knew they answer, they likely would have already replied to ya. Or did you expect every single member to reply "I don't know" XD
As Poke J said, it's likely unresearched. When you attempt to find the value, as per described Poke J, it might do you some good to check around this ranges:
image.png

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lolcatzidk said:

Thank you guys for the help. I’ll try seeing if I can do it.

edit: @theSLAYER What did you use to view that?

Those were notes relating to the save structure, from PKHeX's github.

What I pointed out, was an offset you should check on your save when doing comparisons.
You'll need a hex editor (HxD for example) to check your save's data, as per recommended by Poke J

• Like 1

So hmmm I'm just guessing here but

0x21D08 could be last streak

0x21D1A could be max streak

0x21D2C could be current streak

So what I did was

Go one x7 round and found that 21D08 and 21D1A were 07

Win another battle and leave, then both were 08

Enter again and win a couple of battles, pause

Noticed that 21D2C was 02

Leave the challenge

21D08 was 02

21D1A was 08

21D2C was 00

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Saternoir said:

So hmmm I'm just guessing here but

0x21D08 could be last streak

0x21D1A could be max streak

0x21D2C could be current streak

So what I did was

Go one x7 round and found that 21D08 and 21D1A were 07

Win another battle and leave, then both were 08

Enter again and win a couple of battles, pause

Noticed that 21D2C was 02

Leave the challenge

21D08 was 02

21D1A was 08

21D2C was 00

By max streak, do you mean seven battle streak? Or do you mean something else? lol

• Like 1

Ok so this is what I got now:

0x21D08 is current wins - single subway

0x21D1A is record wins - single subway

0x21D0A is current wins - double subway

0x21D1C is record wins - double subway

0x21D0C is current wins - multi subway with npc

0x21D1E is record wins - multi subway with npc

I didn't test but I suspect that 0x21D0E and 0x21D20 are for multi subway with friends

and last

0x21D12 is current wins - super single subway

0x21D24 is record wins - super single subway

didn't test the others in super yet (i might do it now and come back with the exact offsets)

I suspect that 0x21D2C could be a flag that sets either if you are still in a challenge or not (since it changes from 00 to 01 as far as I saw)

either way, i saw that if you change the values here, they don't change the flag of super subways, i might have to check the events offset and compare it to my clean save (no subway battles)

Edited by Saternoir
  • Like 6

• 6 months later...

Hey, it's been a while since this!

I'm sorry for letting this go for so long, but I was able to check things out yesterday and managed to PR those changes to PKHeX, so you will be able to enable/disable Super Facilities along editing their scores.

image.thumb.png.cbf81fc5a1f8798cacb34da471ff8fbb.png

There's still work to do, since I was focusing on Black and White, I might test offsets out on a B2W2 file as soon as I can.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2020 at 10:50 AM, Saternoir said:

Hey, it's been a while since this!

I'm sorry for letting this go for so long, but I was able to check things out yesterday and managed to PR those changes to PKHeX, so you will be able to enable/disable Super Facilities along editing their scores.

image.thumb.png.cbf81fc5a1f8798cacb34da471ff8fbb.png

There's still work to do, since I was focusing on Black and White, I might test offsets out on a B2W2 file as soon as I can.

Cheers!

So, putting those values in PKHEX, can I fight the boss in subway battle? I want trophies in my room, but I don't want to battle 49 times.
Entonces, ¿poniendo esos valores en PKHEX, podre luchar contra el jefe en metro batalla? Quiero los trofeos en mi habitación, pero no quiero batallar 49 veces. 

7 hours ago, Saternoir said:

That's about the past/record wins, not current ones, so nope, you won't be able to do that!

Owww! :c
And they could not make an EDITOR so that we have the trophy in the room of the MULTI ONLINE / FRIENDS fights? Plz!
¿Y no podrían hacer un EDITOR para que tengamos el trofeo en la habitación de las luchas MULTI ONLINE/FRIENDS?

• 1 month later...

Hopefully this is a good place to add to this with some findings:

First off, for B2W2, the block for Battle Subway starts at 0x21B00 (instead of 0x21D00), but otherwise it's pretty much the same, so just change that and you're good.

0x21D2C was indeed some "Continue" flag, specifically for Single Trains. When I did a full set of 7 wins it changed to 02. I changed the current/record wins to 14 from the info we already had and changed that to 03, and on my next set I got the subway boss (who pops at match #21).

Immediately after unlocking Super Single Train, I changed its current/record wins to 49, and also changed 0x21D36 to 07, and also got the boss at the end of the next set of 7 I did. 

For a full list:

Current/Latest Wins:

0x21D08 - Single

0x21D0A - Double

0x21D0C - Multi w/NPC

0x21D0E - Multi w/ Friend

0x21D12 - Super Single

0x21D14 - Super Double

0x21D16 - Super Multi w/NPC

0x21D18 - Super Multi w/ Friend

Record Wins:

0x21D1A - Single

0x21D1C - Double

0x21D1E - Multi w/NPC

0x21D20 - Multi w/Friend

0x21D24 - Super Single

0x21D26 - Super Double

0x21D28 - Super Multi w/NPC

0x21D2A - Super Multi w/ Friend

"Continue" Flag - Should be desired amount of sets completed +1:

0x21D2C - Single

0x21D2E - Double

0x21D30 - Multi w/NPC

0x21D32 - Multi w/ Friend

0x21D36 - Super Single

0x21D38 - Super Double

0x21D3A - Super Multi w/NPC

0x21D3C - Super Multi w/ Friend

You can basically see that they just move in increments of two bytes, with just a single gap between the normal and single trains. I suspect that's the Wi-Fi train stats.

I am currently in the process of confirming the two Double Trains and the Multi Trains w/ NPC but there should be no reason for the rest to be any different. 

TL;DR Assuming you have a Super Train unlocked, set it's continue value to 07 and it's current/record wins to 2A and profit. You don't technically even need the record wins but might as well.

Huge thanks to Saternoir for finding the initial data >.<

Edited by EvM5_
  • Like 4

• 1 year later...

As of the day I'm posting this reply, there is still no way to edit your "Continue" flag on PKHex. And I realized that some people that download HxD to edit failed because they couldn't find the flag on HxD. Well all you have to do is change this number to "2" and that's literally it. You can't be lazy and Ctrl+F it tho cuz somehow it doesnt work. But yeah after that you just have to edit the corresponding flags given by EVm5_. (Don't forget that the B2W2 flags use a "B" instead of "D")

image.png

• 1 year later...
On 3/26/2020 at 6:10 AM, EvM5_ said:

Hopefully this is a good place to add to this with some findings:

First off, for B2W2, the block for Battle Subway starts at 0x21B00 (instead of 0x21D00), but otherwise it's pretty much the same, so just change that and you're good.

0x21D2C was indeed some "Continue" flag, specifically for Single Trains. When I did a full set of 7 wins it changed to 02. I changed the current/record wins to 14 from the info we already had and changed that to 03, and on my next set I got the subway boss (who pops at match #21).

Immediately after unlocking Super Single Train, I changed its current/record wins to 49, and also changed 0x21D36 to 07, and also got the boss at the end of the next set of 7 I did. 

For a full list:

Current/Latest Wins:

0x21D08 - Single

0x21D0A - Double

0x21D0C - Multi w/NPC

0x21D0E - Multi w/ Friend

0x21D12 - Super Single

0x21D14 - Super Double

0x21D16 - Super Multi w/NPC

0x21D18 - Super Multi w/ Friend

Record Wins:

0x21D1A - Single

0x21D1C - Double

0x21D1E - Multi w/NPC

0x21D20 - Multi w/Friend

0x21D24 - Super Single

0x21D26 - Super Double

0x21D28 - Super Multi w/NPC

0x21D2A - Super Multi w/ Friend

"Continue" Flag - Should be desired amount of sets completed +1:

0x21D2C - Single

0x21D2E - Double

0x21D30 - Multi w/NPC

0x21D32 - Multi w/ Friend

0x21D36 - Super Single

0x21D38 - Super Double

0x21D3A - Super Multi w/NPC

0x21D3C - Super Multi w/ Friend

You can basically see that they just move in increments of two bytes, with just a single gap between the normal and single trains. I suspect that's the Wi-Fi train stats.

I am currently in the process of confirming the two Double Trains and the Multi Trains w/ NPC but there should be no reason for the rest to be any different. 

TL;DR Assuming you have a Super Train unlocked, set it's continue value to 07 and it's current/record wins to 2A and profit. You don't technically even need the record wins but might as well.

Huge thanks to Saternoir for finding the initial data >.<

Tried to edit said flags, but no change gets registered at all. Did first streak of 7, back to Nimbasa, saved, then tried to edit, but failed every time. Have I missed an offset, or have I messed up someway?