Find Shiny Rate Offset for Black & Black 2

Hey guys, i just adjust my Platinium shiny rate with an Hex editor, but i'm trying adjust Black and Black2 but i cannot find the offset!

I have this 2 roms:

Black Version, Black Version 2

Can you help me please?

2 hours ago, Senbuza said:

Hey guys, i just adjust my Platinium shiny rate with an Hex editor, but i'm trying adjust Black and Black2 but i cannot find the offset!

I have this 2 roms:

Black Version, Black Version 2

Can you help me please?

check if the info on this post is accurate:

and

also, read this thread:

15 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

check if the info on this post is accurate:

and

also, read this thread:

Hey, i tryied the first topic, but with the 9arm or the Hex editor i cannot find that Offset

22 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

No. It's a ROM file. and requesting for it is against the rules.

hoo, sorry, did not know! i really cant find the offset! i used everything! anyone can help me via discord with screen share?

4 hours ago, Senbuza said:

hoo, sorry, did not know! i really cant find the offset! i used everything! anyone can help me via discord with screen share?

Black 2 arm9
image.png

I know offset and data above for Black 2 is correct, as it matches what was given in the other thread:
image.png

I tried using the offset of 0x13F0C for Black, but noticeably it didn't work for my copy of Black version. Offset probably is different because it's a different variant or different version ID. Since you mentioned you couldn't find it, I assume it's the same for you too.

Based on the bytes found in the Black 2 arm 9, I searched for these bytes (not just 08 28, but rather the whole highlighted portion below), and a different offset with the same parts of data appeared.
I'm assuming this is correct for my version of Black. You could do the same thing as me, and search for those bytes.
image.png
Black arm9

6 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Black 2 arm9
image.png

I know offset and data above for Black 2 is correct, as it matches what was given in the other thread:
image.png

I tried using the offset of 0x13F0C for Black, but noticeably it didn't work for my copy of Black version. Offset probably is different because it's a different variant or different version ID. Since you mentioned you couldn't find it, I assume it's the same for you too.

Based on the bytes found in the Black 2 arm 9, I searched for these bytes (not just 08 28, but rather the whole highlighted portion below), and a different offset with the same parts of data appeared.
I'm assuming this is correct for my version of Black. You could do the same thing as me, and search for those bytes.
image.png
Black arm9

Awesome, i will give it a try and let u know! 😃

This is for Black 2.

black2.JPG

• Like 1

5 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Black 2 arm9
image.png

image.png

image.png
Black arm9

hello, i still not find! :( cannot undertand! :( 

pokemon black.JPG

7 minutes ago, Senbuza said:

hello, i still not find! :( cannot undertand! :( 

pokemon black.JPG

extract it out then use HxD (a hex editor)'s search function.
In case you didn't realize, I'm not using Crystaltile's Hex viewer.

image.png

In any case, even if you manage to replace the value and import the arm9 file back in, I cannot guarantee it'll work, so I don't make edits like that.

ALSO, don't multi-post. If no one replied you, edit the new information into your latest unanswered post.

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

extract it out then use HxD (a hex editor)'s search function.
In case you didn't realize, I'm not using Crystaltile's Hex viewer.

image.png

In any case, even if you manage to replace the value and import the arm9 file back in, I cannot guarantee it'll work, so I don't make edits like that.

ALSO, don't multi-post. If no one replied you, edit the new information into your latest unanswered post.

Hey, i really dont know what happens! :( sorry as u can see, can´t find

black.JPG

1 minute ago, Senbuza said:

Still nothing! :(

arm9.JPG

In that case either it wasn't extracted properly with Crystaltile, or the surrounding data is different (which it frankly shouldn't be).

In any case, as it stands I won't be able to assist you any further. Hopefully someone with a better idea of what is going on would pop in to help you.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...