DOEL Deoxys Distribution Cart

21 minutes ago, Rayquaza911 said:

Stumbled upon this video that was just uploaded, I don't know if another cart has been seen before? If so sorry for this post. 

For a video that was only posted 44 mins ago, you sure found it fast XD

• Hahaha 1

Wow! I’m really surprised how long it took to see someone posting material of it. Just like the U.S. Auroraticket, Top 10 & Aura Mew I recommend everyone to NOT BUY this if someone ever tries to sell it to you.

Someone just sent me this link. I was wondering when/if people would find out this exists earlier than anticipated. I guess I'll clarify. We spent most of 2018 raising money to obtain this rom, which we finally did in September. It was a toss up between Doel and Strongest Pokemon Japanese NDS roms to release for the annual Christmas Pokemon rarity release. We opted on releasing Strongest Pokemon in 2018, and saving Doel for 2019, in hopes that it being more valuable may be handy for trade material if some sort of other ultra rare rom came to our attention during 2019. I did give the rom to all those who contributed, and told them not to share or talk about it publicly until it was released in December 2019. Naturally I'm trustworthy of anyone who is willing to help spend as much money as we needed for this thing.

There's a lot of information on how this rom works, how it is unique, and how to use it. Just possessing the original rom, and you wouldn't know what the hell you're supposed to do. That's kind of the truth though. Its nature also prevents anyone from being able to sell this as physical reproductions and get away with it. I don't think I'll release any of my notes or private posts explaining the rom details as of yet, that'll probably come out near Christmas if @InsaneNutter and others still plan to hold out until Christmas. It's no longer any of my concern.

Perhaps this spoiled you guys' Christmas, but that was the risk. When I retired from Pokemon and video games earlier this year, I had zero solid leads on obtaining anything else in 2019, and as far as I'm aware, there's still nothing on the horizon.

Since I'm logged in and on the topic, if anything to look out for, I did also privately provide our event preservation team with bombshell information detailing how these developer carts are EASILY rewritten, as well as a plethora of info an anonymous source passed onto me detailing the history of the infamous scammer who has specialized in creating and reselling these for years. I told them to try to release both pieces of information sometime this summer, I don't know if it has or when it will be, but I'm sure it will be seen relatively soon. Certain aspects of the infodump made me not want to be the one to do it earlier. But rest assured, once it is all out, the dirty market on these reproduction distribution carts will start declining until it is destroyed, just like what happened when we made the Mystery Mew savefiles public in 2016. After years of killing myself to obtain these roms, killing the market was the least I could do when I decided to up and leave. Don't EVER buy GBA distribution carts if your goal is to have "a piece of history", buy an Everdrive and use the publicly available roms instead.

Edited by Deoxyz
  • Like 9

I was going to ignore this thread, however as its been mentioned myself and others have this distribution i'll provide some context for current happenings.

The above video was filmed by me and recently leaked (with my blessing) by someone in our event presentation team. Without going in to detail at this moment in time, we decided it would be a benefit for the above video to be "out there" based on information we had.

The plan has always been to continue with tradition and release on Christmas day for the Pokemon community to enjoy, or sooner if a devcart with the distribution on turned up on Ebay before then.

At the moment more than anything what you should take away is it’s extremely easy to re-write a GBA devcart, I can assure you the Doel Deoxys distribution wasn’t on that devcart when it came in to my posetion.

We've speculated the GBA distributions that have been sold on Ebay over the last couple of years were reproductions, however have never been able to prove this until recently thanks to information provided by @Deoxyz before he retired.

Things have been happening behind the scenes, so lots will soon be ready to share which will hopefully put an end to any reproductions been passed off as the real thing.

• Like 4

I already wanted to tease that Santa Claus 🎅 might be one of the “private collectors”. :D

So glad that this is finally out of the box now, for some reasons I didn’t wanted to be the one who makes the reveal, but I can’t tell you how much I’m tired of “playing by the rules” just to please some “elitarist collectors” behind the curtain, so that they can feel comfortable inside their bubble and feel they’re something special because they own something exclusive...

Newsflash: This has been proven false once again, this time for Doel Deoxys. After we obtained it last year I suddenly realized that we’re not the only one who have it and suddenly people started saying that they knew about it a long time. And if you ask them why they didn’t said anything they say they weren’t supposed to say anything, this was not the first time I experienced this and it really starts getting old and this time my passion of collecting Event Pokémon was taking a huge hit. I don’t care about collecting as much as I used to and realized I rather have fun researching them than actually collecting, because it’s so shallow and the Events that are really rare seem to be completely out of reach, while those who are not are kept rare using weird tactics to maintain ”artificial scarcity”.

The truth is and let’s be honest, the event hoarding and hiding information serves only to cover the actions of those who have ulterior motives. The environment is completely toxic with all the cheating, lies and betrayal, where you don’t know who you can trust anymore. This was the same with file trading before (Ahiru’s Wonderland) where people tried to hide the origin of the files and here it’s even worse. Not to mention software being edited, like zeroed data or data that doesn’t belongs there like gibberish written into files. You can’t even believe an authentic cartridge anymore as reproductions were being made and when you ask around no one knows anything or isn’t supposed to talk about it. We have a lot information now thanks to @Deoxyz and someone anonymous who provided these infos. 

Most of the times when there is a thread in a forum about distribution cartridges it’s about a bought cartridge by a private collector, or something that has surfaced on eBay and that shows us what a mess this situation is. It’s always about such a cartridge that has fallen into the hands of someone who wants to make money and if you bought it and paid hundreds or thousands dollars, how is this a reason to celebrate? Just so that you’re happy for a moment and then you lock it away in a drawyer and don’t do anything useful with it. How can this be a good thing? There are smarter ways to waste money in my opinion...

I feel it would be so much better if people would finally grow up and stop playing these selfish and childish games and work seriously together to preserve these collectively as a team and for everyone. No one would have to pay a lot of money alone and more people would be happy. That was our philosophy and is what we tried and what we have been silently working until Deoxyz’s retirement earlier this year. I would like to take this opportunity and say thanks to Deoxyz, he did so much for preserving these Events and was willing to do what no one else was. Sometimes too much as he said. I supported his decision to retire and I hope he inspired some others to do good things. :) 

Like @InsaneNutter says a lot is happening and I can’t give you much away yet but stay tuned...

Edit:
By the way... I forgot to mention, it would be even greater to see them collected within a database with verified hash data ect, but for receiving the label "clean dump" they would fail to match the strict criteria due to the fishy circumstances. It will be tough to clean this whole mess up.

Edited by ajxpk

i agree people who try to make money on things like this are nothing but disgusting parasites.

however, i also think sharing is a decision, not an obligation. nobody owes anyone anything. also sometimes jobs can be at risk by doing such a thing. or you may be legally forced to return the item or even get sued by companies if your identity blows. also dont forget that holding on to something unreleased can eventually make a trade possible that would otherwise not be happening. this can also mean that the community eventually gets more in the end.

anyway lets just be happy about what we do get our hands on and keep hoping for the future!

The trickle-down theory is considered to be a myth and belongs into the land of fairy tales. I really don’t see how this community is benefiting in such way or has ever been so far, maybe in some very rare cases I don’t know about. I agree with some of your other points of course. I think it's in no ones interest that anyone gets in trouble.

It's within the most collector's mindset to think about this economically as a "store of value" and that's where it begins, when we start talking about value it's not about Pokémon anymore, it becomes an investment. I have seen this happening within the scene all the time. And as already said there is an entire market built around the idea of Pokémon as a store of value, even if we don't like it.

Speaking of collecting and trading... First of all it's not a classical trade in the old sense. Trading means you give item X to someone and receive item Y in return. What we're talking about is in fact already sharing, you get a copy of item Y and still keep a copy of item X and your exchange partner gets it too with set conditions...

Now if you trade item X for item Y, you're usually not supposed to share Y with the public and you're also not able to share X with the public, because otherwise the deal would most likely never happen. It's like an unwritten contract based on "trust" that forces both participants of a trade to keep something private. The twist is now even if you wanted to make your original item X public you can't do it anymore, unless you break the rules or both of you change your minds. I have never seen this happening even once! While contributions of items that have not been traded are very common. So trading makes it more complicated. I can say based on my own experience. When I traded Events in my case it was Ahiru's Wonderlands Events were I had to confirm that they are public, which I always knew. And then there were some Mystery Gifts I was not allowed to share with the public as I obtained them in trades, I had to wait until someone else who received it originally was willing to publish...

Something that is always denied by the way is that with every exchange of the same item there comes inflation of the trade value. Who would trade an super rare item for a more common one? The financial value remains only constant because there is still a demand and because there is no supply in terms of other items of equal value for a trade. And because most stuff is happening anonymously and no one knows about what’s going on, especially when it’s said “Do not talk about it!”, there will always be someone who uses ignorance to his advantage and sees money and gets corrupt. It goes hand in hands and it’s not rocket science. I don't even know how else it would have been possible for so many people to be part of the club, having the same items that are supposed to be “rare”... looking at all the Top 10 and Aura Mew copies... while there aren’t many equally rare items in total who could have possibly traded for those and what makes it even more ridiculous is that it all comes from the same collection. It’s never been about obtaining new and rare items, t’s a money game and has been for many years. And most of those collectors just "bought in" to be part of the club.

How does this game help the community? Some items where contributed to research, but not all. Actually without being a collector myself I would not have been able to get some of these items. I also was in the situation where I was offered “deals” and had to think about spending money. In the recent years it changed because of one person joining the game.

We could start to really preserve them efficiently. But this was never because of a “gracious collector” who was willing to share for free. It took someone else who had the courage to break the rules and to sacrifice and that was Deoxyz. I feel someone had to do it otherwise this would have continued on and on. The game changed.

The verdict is and I’m afraid to say the statistics aren't looking good to justify your theory that collecting and hoarding events at the end is good for everyone. 

Also... correct me if I'm wrong but I think most of the events in of this forum in the gallery were collected directly from events by people who like to share and who were willing to support the community. I'm not saying everyone is supposed to share, everyone is making their own choices. What I tried to say is that there are more bad things than good things are happening when it comes to these distribution cartridges. It’s a shame! And I believe it would be better instead of fighting each other individually to obtain them it would be better to cooperate to collect and preserve them all. We all dream about a complete collection, so why not doing it all together?

It's just my suggestion, I'm not really into collecting myself anymore. Tired of dealing with all the bad karma and investing time and money. Maybe unless there is something really rare and interesting to disassemble but I don’t see anything like that right now. 

Proof me wrong.

Edited by ajxpk

* i decided to remove the rant on money making parasites i had written here.

i do want to say that i also think all should eventually be preserved for historic reasons. that is all.

I am both surprised and happy that we have enough people sharing publicly that we have 90%+ of everything that ever came out (or could have come out). Many people ask me why I made my collection public and like others here, I am not a greedy bastard. I am blessed enough (after being so poor I didn't have anywhere to live for several years) to have family, resources and a real life community of friends. This website is about preservation and giving back and I am happy there are enough people to do that.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, InsaneNutter said:

At the moment more than anything what you should take away is it’s extremely easy to re-write a GBA devcart, I can assure you the Doel Deoxys distribution wasn’t on that devcart when it came in to my possession.

How easy was it!? Was custom hardware even needed?

On 6/24/2019 at 6:57 PM, theSLAYER said:

How easy was it!? Was custom hardware even needed?

The full details will become public when the team is ready, though I will tell you that it can be done by literally anyone, perhaps not costing anything since many people likely already have what is needed, bar the devcart. What made it seem so hard to achieve, and hard to believe it was easily doable, is that no information seems to be online on how to do so. People would just say, "oh, you need a rare and expensive gang writer unit and the proper software to do that", or something similar. Though after searching hard enough with certain keywords, a single piece of information will roughly tell you what you need to know to figure it out. I want to publicly thank YoshiMoshi who worked with me on figuring this out for the longest time. It may have taken us several years, but consider someone who got a head start on this around 2012, then once figuring it out, starts to buy devcarts relatively cheap, approx $100-$400, starts selling them for $1000-$2000 with a sought after rom on it, thus having a monopoly on something highly profitable since 2014/2015 that no one could prove was actually dishonest otherwise, and without forgetting to mention having some touch of immorality and selfishness, you can make quite a living. Karma comes around though.

Even though we shelled out quite a bit of money to this immoral machine, even after I knew the truth and acted like I didn't, in the end what we have is a sure death to that system as well as the data that made it possible being available to the entire fanbase.

I'm not even going to go into rebuttals on trading and all that, it's draining me thinking about it. When I retired I told myself I wouldn't focus any more of my energy on this, the entire scene took a huge toll on my mind over the years. What I will at least say quickly is that I have never ever seen a situation spring up where keeping one of these roms private allowed for a deal that wasn't somewhat dirty. Adding on to the reasons ajxpk said, in my experiences where the trade option was open, the deal is always either attempted to be vastly unfair to the other party, often mixed with lies and deception, or in the end gets nowhere and instead it becomes offered for an unreasonably inflated price due to said hoarding. I think ajxpk described the scene perfectly. Let's not even get into the hypocrisy of some supporting statements I've seen throughout my time involved. Some people keep up masks so you can't see they have ulterior selfish motives. This has been proven time and time again.

Do other roms/devices currently still exist in hiding among private collectors outside of Nintendo or Bergsala sources? Most certainly yes. I know the European Eon Ticket device and European Aurora Ticket device have been sold in the past. My leads only revealed who sold them a long time ago, circa 2014 if I recall correctly. Someone also owns a non-mass produced NDS device, something as rare and similar to the GBA units versus the loose specially produced carts we're familiar with when it comes to NDS distibutions. This one is out of grasp, but the info surrounding it, as well as those two GBA units, was passed on to the team individuals as disclosure to everything I could pass along. As I said before, I had no solid leads when I retired. Within my scope, Doel Deoxys was the end of the line. I guess that's symbolic if you analyze the name. I had no longer cared about any video games besides Pokemon for several years, and even that slowly diminished until my passion struggled to keep me motivated or interested until the last flame.

So is there a future in distribution and rarity preservation? I think perhaps for the community, yes. First and foremost, you have to have the passion, enough to unreasonably justify why you should allow yourself to be selfless enough to sacrifice so much to help the community and attempt to destroy the established scene. Even though in the end it perhaps seems to really not be worth it, how is it going to ever progress otherwise? Like Sabresite said, I'm not a greedy bastard. I've also told the team that everyone should really be watching Japanese auction sites like Yahoo Japan/Buyee and Mercari Japan. After all, that is how YoshiMoshi found Strongest Pokemon, among other rare Japanese demo stuff that has surfaced. The prices are tough to swallow, but that's why a team effort helps to pay for things. So many people want something for nothing, beg for it, but in the end don't want to contribute help. It makes the whole process very hard, but you can't let the selfish people allow the rest to suffer as a whole if you truly care about it. Understandably not everyone can afford it, but those who can should help if they believe in it. It is highly unlikely everything will ever be obtained, so as long as there are still things that never leaked from Nintendo, people will use it to justify hoarding. The most productive and relatively fastest route, is to buy them when they are in potential grasp, at whatever means necessary, to benefit the preservation community. No one person can keep up at this forever, but as long as there are people leading, new followers will be inspired and keep things going. History is steered and effected by those who act.

I think that is about all I wanted to say. I don't really have the time or energy to keep responding regularly, so I let it all out. I never really explained to people outside of the team why I was retiring, simply because there was never the time, place, or situation that called for it, nor have I ever been one to care about calling attention to myself. I left it at that. Though I have people emailing me from time to time about it, and understandably ghosting myself like that can be fairly confusing. This thread pretty much allowed me the opportunity to make this final closure and explanation to those who wondered, since the topic at hand is very much weaved into the same context. Now that Doel is finally being publicly discussed, I can lay it out in full. I may not be interested in this stuff anymore, but it doesn't mean I no longer care for the community. I'm glad to see things are still in the works regardless of my absence. I had previously left my email address visible on my profile if anyone needed to get in touch with me, and it still stands that I don't mind sharing information/advice on occasion.

Edited by Deoxyz
  • Like 5

You've been through a lot these past few years. @Deoxyz I cannot thank you enough for all the effort you have put into the preservation, as well as exposing of the scam.

Maybe one day when you feel like it, and when it's more convenient, you could write an exposé, filled with images and documentation, something for generations to come to see.
So that they can properly understand the effort, and also judge the scum themselves :D

• Like 2

I agree with @Purin about this one. I‘m not sure if it’s good to make the information about “how to do it” public. I think confirming that it’s easy to do and the video is good enough, but I will leave it up to you.

Whoa whoa. I'm not looking for extremely precise information (though it'll be good for some of our trustworthy members to know/to have the flame passed down to them, even if it is not public). Not having information passed down to the next generation typically leads to lost information, and eventually, the death of a civilization.

Don't even need the exact steps. Let's say if I'm told a NDS flash cart could overwrite a dev cart, that's pretty much enough information to detail how bloody easy it is.

2 hours ago, Purin said:

if the methods are public. it also adds to the danger of losing original pieces of history if the devcarts original contents are overwritten.

We previously already had an inkling that a certain mass gba reader could act as a rewriter for dev carts. It was previously speculated that these event carts were likely dupes to begin with.

As much as this fear is well founded, given that we already have the information that people are rewriting dev carts to sell as event carts, I think it has already been happening behind our community's back.

After all, people who were able to obtain the writer and the dev carts, likely already had this information at their disposal when they made the purchase, and they had the past 10-15 years to make all the modifications they want, and that's excluding any suspicious/unscrupulous activity.

People with the tools and the devcarts has been doing this for years. If they were going to contribute them as a part of preservation, they had 10-15 years to do it.
They probably already made up their minds a long time ago, regardless whether to hoard or sell as modified duplicate copies, just like how many others made up their minds a long time to ago that private preservation is better than a public preservation.

I'm not arguing which view is better, as I'm sure there's merits to either argument, but I'm just saying that the situation has been dire for this long, just that we weren't aware of it.
I don't see how this information would potentially make things worse, when I imagine unscrupulous actors likely bought up all the dev carts they could find to resell as events, and they had over a decade to do it.

Like @theSLAYER says, we’re a decade too late to worry about overwritten devcarts and losing historic content is also unlikely because everyone with common sense would backup.

I think any new devcart that appears is suspicious now... you might never know, so I would always dump it and check it out and if I verified that the content is fine and even then there’s still a small percentage that it could just be a rewritten devcart. The irony is that Nintendo itself reused these devcarts, so what is original content? The whole purpose of these cartridges is that they can be easily overwritten, they were mainly used for debugging and localization ect...

I’m rather worried about new reproductions being sold. Since almost everything that has been sold in the past is public now it’s more unlikely than it has ever been, but if there’s still unreleased software in wrong hands it could still happen.

Question is what would it be? We believe there isn’t anything so I leave it up to @Deoxyz. :) 

The trouble is it’s the scammers who already know how to do this and have been abusing the ability to do so.

GBA prototypes have already been purchased and re flashed with Pokemon distributions, destroying that prototype, so the worst-case scenario has already happened.

At this point keeping the information private is only benefitting people who wish to abuse the knowledge. Most people think its basically impossible to do, so are less likely to be suspicious about buying a devcart.

Its pretty hard to give anymore of a meaningful demonstration than what has already been show in the original post of this topic, without showing exactly what is done.

I think with the information out there people are going to be a lot more sceptical about buying random distributions which are not sealed in a GBA unit, like the originals were.

If people have the knowlage to make a more informed buying descision, that's the best we can hope for in 2019 and beyond.

Edited by InsaneNutter
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, InsaneNutter said:

The trouble is it’s the scammers who already know how to do this and have been abusing the ability to do so.

GBA prototypes have already been purchased and re flashed with Pokemon distributions, destroying that prototype, so the worst-case scenario has already happened.

At this point keeping the information private is only benefitting people who wish to abuse the knowledge. Most people think its basically impossible to do, so are less likely to be suspicious about buying a devcart.

Its pretty hard to give anymore of a meaningful demonstration than what has already been show in the original post of this topic, without showing exactly what is done.

I think with the information out there people are going to be a lot more sceptical about buying random distributions which are not sealed in a GBA unit, like the originals were.

If people have the knowlage to make a more informed buying descision, that's the best we can hope for in 2019 and beyond.

A happy medium may exist though, for example a Dev cart could be rewritten with something like the rickroll video, or that Skyrim intro meme. It could garner enough attention to let people know it's possible and easy to rewrite these things without giving explicit instructions. @Purin raises a valid point I hadn't considered until recently, there is evidence that actual distribution devices were used with these loose cartridges; and if these were ever to emerge in the wild... well whose to say. It's a bit of a damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of thing. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Gridelin said:

A happy medium may exist though, for example a Dev cart could be rewritten with something like the rickroll video, or that Skyrim intro meme. It could garner enough attention to let people know it's possible and easy to rewrite these things without giving explicit instructions. @Purin raises a valid point I hadn't considered until recently, there is evidence that actual distribution devices were used with these loose cartridges; and if these were ever to emerge in the wild... well whose to say. It's a bit of a damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of thing. 

If a loose cart turned up in the wild today, would people be any less sceptical the legitimacy of it with the info not yet in the public eye?

If something truly 'new' turned up at some point in the future i'd certainly be more inclined it was real, however it will always be a risk, just like it has been in the past.

Thankfully a lot of good research has been done by people on PP.org, so it shouldn't be too much of a challenge to prove if something new legitimate or not as far as archiving the data goes.

As you say damned if you do, damned if you don't in some respects.

• Like 2