Binary not compatible: pokemon moon to PKHex

Voyager1

Hey everyone I need help, I'm having trouble loading my Pokémon moon to PKHeX and the message keeps appearing. I have the latest version installed and youtube tutorials don't help. I don't know if its the correct file or not but everything else won't even load or say that message. 

aaaa.PNG.53b395276da90348d00b0492f41b6586.PNG

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

1. Upload your save here

2. Explain how you extract your save from the cart

so I just follow the steps which is I go to pkhex and go to file. I have my 3ds sm card onto my laptop and click all the steps you will see on any YouTube video till I hit title on the folders. I select 00040000 > 000c9b00> data and select 000000001 

other vids I see will show main but none of my file have that and I spent 2 hours doing this already

00000001.sav 

3 minutes ago, Voyager1 said:

so I just follow the steps which is I go to pkhex and go to file. I have my 3ds sm card onto my laptop and click all the steps you will see on any YouTube video till I hit title on the folders. I select 00040000 > 000c9b00> data and select 000000001 

other vids I see will show main but none of my file have that and I spent 2 hours doing this already

Erm, based on what you said, I have to assume you’re not using any save manager  (JKSM/Checkpoint/datasavefiler).

Those steps are incorrect. I get the feeling you tried to follow a save extraction video, couldn’t find the folders (cause you weren’t using a save manager), then you tried your best to work around it.

Unfortunately, if you don’t have CFW or Homebrew on your 3DS, you won’t be able to extract your save.

If you got CFW/Homebrew, we got guides on site to help you with the correct extraction procedure :)

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Erm, based on what you said, I have to assume you’re not using any save manager  (JKSM/Checkpoint/datasavefiler).

Those steps are incorrect. I get the feeling you tried to follow a save extraction video, couldn’t find the folders (cause you weren’t using a save manager), then you tried your best to work around it.

Unfortunately, if you don’t have CFW or Homebrew on your 3DS, you won’t be able to extract your save.

If you got CFW/Homebrew, we got guides on site to help you with the correct extraction procedure :)

so I will need save manager and homebrew just to get pkhex to work correct ??

9 minutes ago, Voyager1 said:

so I will need save manager and homebrew just to get pkhex to work correct ??

You need Save manager and homebrew/CFW so that you can extract a decrypted save, the correct save.
Else the other stuff you're doing is not grabbing a save.

PKHeX needs a working save to function.

CFW guide (at your own risk): https://3ds.hacks.guide/
Save manager guide: https://projectpokemon.org/tutorials/save-editing/managing-3ds-saves/

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

You need Save manager and homebrew so that you can extract a decrypted save, the correct save.

Else the other stuff you're doing is not grabbing a save.

PKHeX needs a working save to function.

CFW guide (at your own risk): https://3ds.hacks.guide/
Save manager guide: https://projectpokemon.org/tutorials/save-editing/managing-3ds-saves/

so I tired all the sites and the versions to download and mine does not show up. it seems that I have a new version installed on my 3ds which makes no sense cause I haven't touch it in a year without me knowing so I'm sure that's what's causing all the problems to not download homebrew and the other sites.

Just now, Voyager1 said:

so I tired all the sites and the versions to download and mine does not show up. it seems that I have a new version installed on my 3ds which makes no sense cause I haven't touch it in a year without me knowing so I'm sure that's what's causing all the problems to not download homebrew and the other sites.

What FW is your 3DS on?

Anyway there's a method that works on ANY 3DS and any FW, called ntrboot (steps on that site), and all you need is a compatible NDS flashcart. (list also on that site)

I understand you're frustrated, but if you don't own a JP 3DS, and you want to be able to edit and inject your save, you must have CFW/homebrew. It's what we all had to do :/

4 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

What FW is your 3DS on?

Anyway there's a method that works on ANY 3DS and any FW, called ntrboot (steps on that site), and all you need is a compatible NDS flashcart. (list also on that site)

I understand you're frustrated, but if you don't own a JP 3DS, and you want to be able to edit and inject your save, you must have CFW/homebrew. It's what we all had to do :/

I have FW 11.10.0-43U

I understand its just some people don't really explain it that well and skip steps which loses some people when downloading homebrew or any other software

But thank you so much for your help it was really needed 

27 minutes ago, Voyager1 said:

I have FW 11.10.0-43U

I understand its just some people don't really explain it that well and skip steps which loses some people when downloading homebrew or any other software

But thank you so much for your help it was really needed 

Ah I understand, some online guides jump through a lot of steps and stuff, making it hard to see the continuity and to follow it properly.

Honestly, the one I linked you is the one I've used multiple times, and it's been updated across the ages. Every time I used it (then), it was as though I was looking at a new guide.

It's pretty clear on what to download/prepare on the PC, then transfer what to 3DS via SD, and then do what at what step etc. It's definitely wordy, for sure, but it's the most clear and concise one out there. If anything, it is probably more trustworthy than youtube videos because it is updated to the newest and most accurate information, unlike older videos that may just stay online even though it's old information. It's definitely worth the effort to slog through the words :)

From what I can tell, on your firmware, you can use the Seedminer method. Since I never used it before (I don't even think that method exists when I was jailbreaking various 3DS units), I can't comment on how easy that method is.

What I can say is, you should read through the guide, understand how it steps progress, before you give it a try.

Alternatively if you (or even a friend) have a compatible NDS flashcart, you could use ntrboot too. I think that method was rather easy, if I'm not mistaken.

• theSLAYER changed the title to Binary not compatible: pokemon moon to PKHex