Citra Camera causing crash

Hi guys, I've been trying to load secret bases into my pokemon alpha sapphire on Citra canary 1370, on Mac OSX Mojave. I have tried multiple camera configurations, and all of them cause a crash upon the opening of the camera in-game. I am able to load images into the test within the menu, but when I attempt to use the camera from within the secret base pc I cause a crash to both Canary and Nightly builds of citra.

Can someone please help me, I am using citra for an oras tournament with my friends and need blissey training to get level 100's for my team.

3 minutes ago, falcongaleo said:

I dont know, perhaps there is a known issue to avoid? or a workaround I could use? should I add my citra log to this post for more information?

We ain't a Citra support site, so I doubt posting log of the information would do you much help.

A workaround? Well:
Play the game and scan the QR code on the 3DS.

Simply scan it on a 3DS, then bring the save into Citra.

Another alternative: You could also use PKHeX to simply modify SSB information:
image.png

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

We ain't a Citra support site, so I doubt posting log of the information would do you much help.

A workaround? Well:
Play the game and scan the QR code on the 3DS.

I don't know if Super Secret Bases are retained on the save (I would assume so, else they would be lost after scanning), so simply scan it on a 3DS, then bring the save into Citra.

As for not being a citra support site, their support site doesnt seem to offer much in the pay of support and in my searching for similar topics I found some people giving support here, which is why I made this. 

As for that workaround, thats a good idea, but do you know if there is a way of manually entering the files for the secret bases into a pre-existing save file?

Just now, falcongaleo said:

As for not being a citra support site, their support site doesnt seem to offer much in the pay of support and in my searching for similar topics I found some people giving support here, which is why I made this. 

As for that workaround, thats a good idea, but do you know if there is a way of manually entering the files for the secret bases into a pre-existing save file?

Hey, I updated my response before you posted, so maybe you can check that out.

You could use PKHeX to create SSB data. While there isn't much documentation on what "location ID" refers to what place, perhaps you could:

1. Make a Super Secret Base in game. Save the game.
2. Assign the location you just made to an AI instead
3. Rinse and repeat

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

Hey, I updated my response before you posted, so maybe you can check that out.

You could use PKHeX to create SSB data. While there isn't much documentation on what "location ID" refers to what place, perhaps you could:

1. Make a Super Secret Base in game. Save the game.
2. Assign the location you just made to an AI instead
3. Rinse and repeat

thank you very much, ill give that all a try. appreciate the help :) 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

@Kaphotics along the lines of this topic, is it possible to dump and inject Super Secret Bases, if the structure is similar enough?

Will be possible in the next release for acquired secret base data.

Import/Export {location - trainer name.sb6} data :)

• Like 1

@Kaphotics there's a minor issue, when it comes to importing Event SSB.

Importing any of the secret bases with ID location 0 (Mossdeep special location) would potentially cause you to be pushed out of the secret base when entering the building, and the base gets wiped from your save.

Here's an example on what I think is happening:

1. I create a secret base at Route 114, and get the following layout:
route114-1i.jpg

2. I then scan QR code for Junichi Masuda.
1.jpg

3. I use PKHeX to delete Junichi Masuda slot, and change my Location ID to 0.

4. When I load up my game, and go to my secret base in Mossdeep city building, it used this layout,
instead of the one that I originally created my SSB in:
route116-1i.jpg

It's not a one-time fluke. It appears that whenever I scan an event SSB, it's layout type is stored somewhere.
Hence why whenever I change my own SSB to ID 0, it uses the type associated with the event SSB I deleted.

I think that for Event SSB, an extra value relating to layout type is written somewhere. Since that value may be missing from the .sb6 files,
when we import a .sb6 (and that value doesn't match the import), we get kicked out.
[Before we get kicked out, we momentarily see a different layout in the background when the flag flashes across the screen]

If you need it, I could do a before and after save, so that it can be determined where the stored value is.