gba backup tool isnt working

so i wanted to give myself events in pkmn fire red so i used my r4 card (r4i rts 3ds)

gba backup tool and when i put the save into pkhex it didnt work i noticed that it dosnt work for any besides sapphire version is there a patch program or another program to extract my saves bellow are all the save that are left on my sd card sapphire works nothing else does

POKEMON_RUBY_AXVE02.sav POKEMON_SAPP_AXPE01.sav POKEMON_FIRE_BPRE01.jpg.sav

96byte head includes, but savefile length is correct.

Here is sample script for convert.

• drop 1 file(the backup tool output): create 2 files. HeadFile, and saveFile(pkhex can read)
  • drop 2 file(the HeadFile, and saveFile(pkhex edited): create 1 file, a data for the backup tool.

test.vbs

• Like 1

• theSLAYER changed the title to gba backup tool isnt working
4 hours ago, pokecal said:

96byte head includes, but savefile length is correct.

Here is sample script for convert.

• drop 1 file(the backup tool output): create 2 files. HeadFile, and saveFile(pkhex can read)
  • drop 2 file(the HeadFile, and saveFile(pkhex edited): create 1 file, a data for the backup tool.

test.vbs 3.9 kB · 0 downloads

Hey, any idea why  GBA backup tool would do this? I've never seen anything like this before.

@I_inject_crayons also it appears that your FireRed save and Emerald (from previous thread) aren't saves. Are you playing on fake carts? The dumping seems rather inconsistent..

In the mean time, I've changed your thread title.

I've never seen, either. I have no idea that why the tool trims(with add head), why these diversity has occurred.

my script is personally adapted to "POKEMON_RUBY_AXVE02.sav", I expected that the tool always generate such 96byte-added-trimmed data.

I cannot decrypt the FireRed and Emerald data. ...encrypted? or junk? I don't know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pokecal said:

I've never seen, either. I have no idea that why the tool trims(with add head), why these diversity has occurred.

my script is personally adapted to "POKEMON_RUBY_AXVE02.sav", I expected that the tool always generate such 96byte-added-trimmed data.

I cannot decrypt the FireRed and Emerald data. ...encrypted? or junk? I don't know.

In any case. your tool worked well with Ruby :D

@I_inject_crayons you can use pokecal's tool for Ruby. (Usable data exist, but somehow the header is somehow corrupted, hence not readable by VBA or PKHeX)

11 hours ago, I_inject_crayons said:

is there a patch program or another program to extract my saves

We cannot extract usable data, if usable data doesn't exist (and that's similar to the response to 'can't we just edit the numbers' I gave you in the other thread).
Programs don't just perform magic, ya know :/

As for FireRed and Emerald, it looks like junk data. Take photographs of your carts (and put the photographs in a spoiler), and we can confirm if they are real or fake carts. It's possible that only Sapphire is a legitimate cart. (It's backed up properly and immediately works with PKHeX)

If all your carts were determined to be real, re-download gba backup tool, try a few different versions.
Sometimes using the corrupted backup tool would lead to corrupted saves.