[Bug] Oddity with Shadow Recognition

theSLAYER

Presently, I'm under the assumption that the shadow data isn't actually stored on the XK3, but rather PKHeX refers to the "Shadow Monitor" in the save.

Presently, the issue lies with a Shadow Teddiursa (ID 1), that isn't being recognized as a Shadow Pokémon on PKHeX. This save was taken at a point before I've unlocked the Purification Chamber.

image.png

11 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

You'd have to debug the program to see why it's acting incorrectly; I don't really care much for the C/XD minor features.

Thank you for your honesty. To an extent I feel the same way as well ><

Even though I don't know how to debug XD, nor could I launch PKHeX on VS for some weird reason, I followed a hunch I had and found out what was wrong: The indexes for the data are off by 1.

Spoiler

Shadow IDs
image.png

When I purified (81) Togepi in-game, (82) Poochyena appears purified in PKHeX.
I purified (72) Lapras in-game, and (73) Lugia appears purified in PKHeX.

So the issue with (1) Teddiursa probably means it's reading data from slot (0), or something akin to that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

Thanks for your hard work!

It's working as intended for the other species (their IDs are all fine and dandy) except for Teddiursa (ID 1).
What is the offset for the first shadow IDs reference point in the save? Maybe I can take a look and double check that offset

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

Thanks for your hard work!

It's working as intended for the other species (their IDs are all fine and dandy) except for Teddiursa (ID 1).
What is the offset for the first shadow IDs reference point in the save? Maybe I can take a look and double check that offset

That might be why I shifted by 1 for my testing savefile back 3 years ago; you might have to debug for that one. XD saves aren't the same as mainline saves, they're kinda dynamically saved.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

That might be why I shifted by 1 for my testing savefile back 3 years ago; you might have to debug for that one. XD saves aren't the same as mainline saves, they're kinda dynamically saved.

I'll see if I can figure it out on a later date. I guess for now we'll just have to live with Teddiursa being the only inaccurate entry, as opposed to everything being shifted by one ><