Rate my Teams!

Enkidu

So...If anyone has noticed a lot of RMT's have been have been....

A: Not in the right thread!

B: Not in the right forum!

C: Lacking any substance for us to rate

D: Not in the right forum!

So I was wondering if we could have a specific forum/Sub forum for Team rates? I happen to like giving advice to people on ways to fix up their teams but a lot of threads aren't being posted in the right forum/format, do not provide enough information for anyone to properly rate their team and as a whole they are taking up a lot of useless space. Having a separate forum for it would be beneficial. I also wouldn't mind writing up a " Required for all rate my teams" Thread that includes things things an RMT should have and the correct format to post it, et cetera.

This should clear up the clutter thats been seen around the forums, and once Project pokemon is in it's more developed stages it will have an active RMT forum/subforum :D

What we would need is dedicated raters as well, I will be one.

Really, raters and the quality they give can only really be told over time.

Considering that there's two forums where a RMT could arguably go (Wi-Fi battle/trade and the General Pokemon Games which has the RMT thread), a RMT forum seems well warranted.

I can give proof of my rating experience. I'm on gamefaqs all the time helping reshape Platinum teams and yelling at posters about how they can't use Garchomp in competitive play.

Well there really aren't that many RMTs right now, but they can basically fall into 3 sections:

It's in-game so anything will do.

Posting a moveset/ev spread/whatever doesn't tell us anything about your role for the Poke or strategy your employing.

[or insert actual rate here]

I'm not saying you AREN'T a good rater. But for this community (IMO), a good rater should be established by what they've done HERE, not what they did elsewhere.

But I think a RMT forum would be a benefit for establishing specific rules for RMT threads.

And while I'm at it, in the case of a RMT forum being established, here's what I'd propose:

• In-game teams get a "megathread" similar to the current RMT thread currently posted. This is because ANYTHING can beat the gyms/E4 with enough potions and leveling up. However, interesting gimmick teams and strategies are possible so they can be discussed in one thread.
  • Similarly, a megathread could be established for teams used for official tournaments, at least until the tournaments eliminate the public participation portion.
  • Competitive RMT threads should be assumed to follow the tier list established by this site and use standard clauses (OHKO/Species/Evasion/Sleep in an OU environment) unless otherwise noted, with the exception being RMT threads for Battle Tower/Frontier.
  • Posts should be in some sort of readable format that include the Pokemon species, held item, nature, ability, move set, EV Spread, and some description of it's role on your team and the strategy of your team as a whole.
  • RMT threads should point out if they're using a Battle Simulator like Shoddy or the Wi-Fi environment. There are a few differences between the two, namely the lack of certain event only Pokemon (Celebi, Jirachi) and Hidden Power being far less used on Wi-Fi than on Shoddy.

Well there really aren't that many RMTs right now, but they can basically fall into 3 sections:

It's in-game so anything will do.

Posting a moveset/ev spread/whatever doesn't tell us anything about your role for the Poke or strategy your employing.

[or insert actual rate here]

I'm not saying you AREN'T a good rater. But for this community (IMO), a good rater should be established by what they've done HERE, not what they did elsewhere.

But I think a RMT forum would be a benefit for establishing specific rules for RMT threads.

And while I'm at it, in the case of a RMT forum being established, here's what I'd propose:

• In-game teams get a "megathread" similar to the current RMT thread currently posted. This is because ANYTHING can beat the gyms/E4 with enough potions and leveling up. However, interesting gimmick teams and strategies are possible so they can be discussed in one thread.
  • Similarly, a megathread could be established for teams used for official tournaments, at least until the tournaments eliminate the public participation portion.
  • Competitive RMT threads should be assumed to follow the tier list established by this site and use standard clauses (OHKO/Species/Evasion/Sleep in an OU environment) unless otherwise noted, with the exception being RMT threads for Battle Tower/Frontier.
  • Posts should be in some sort of readable format that include the Pokemon species, held item, nature, ability, move set, EV Spread, and some description of it's role on your team and the strategy of your team as a whole.
  • RMT threads should point out if they're using a Battle Simulator like Shoddy or the Wi-Fi environment. There are a few differences between the two, namely the lack of certain event only Pokemon (Celebi, Jirachi) and Hidden Power being far less used on Wi-Fi than on Shoddy.

More or less.